May Challenge - 5 plus pounds - WHITE TEAM (only)

Options
Okay, White Team, let's see if we can communicate on this thread, as well as the original May thread, until the "groups" communication problem gets resolved.

We have 12 members:

Cando055 (I've volunteered to be the leader)
TeresaWash
magsue
heidihurl
turnerm65
jkmcfar1
kellysmom78
mcmom0725
katescleaning
bmaxwell31
tina01i
florencekane

Satyrakk is the member who set up the May challenge and is trying to coordinate however many teams she's put together. Whew!

Please check in here by just saying hello. Once we're all on board we can support each other in reaching our own goals for the lovely month of May.

Welcome, everyone! Let's go!!

Replies

• TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Good Morning. I started the May Challenge off at 5:30 AM with 45 minutes of ZUMBA, Now to keep my food in check today.
    Good Luck Ladies!!!!!
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    MAY 1

CW: 287
    GW: 282
  • bmaxwell31
    bmaxwell31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Looking forward to a great week.
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Good luck to all this month!!
  • tina01i
    tina01i Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All. Good luck -
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all...
    So excited to have a group of new friends all going in the same direction with the same goals! Love it. Now that I have found this thread life is all Kumbayah.. I was a bit stressed that we would be out there on page 700 on the original thread. Is this where we post our dailies??? Sorry for the questions but it is a bit confusing.

Go White Team!!!

PS: Love the challenge! What am I going to do!!! Love it!!!!!1
  • heidihurl
    Options
    Thanks Cando for being our fearless leader!!!

Okay, White Team, let's see if we can communicate on this thread, as well as the original May thread, until the "groups" communication problem gets resolved.

We have 12 members:

Cando055 (I've volunteered to be the leader)
    TeresaWash
    magsue
    heidihurl
    turnerm65
    jkmcfar1
    kellysmom78
    mcmom0725
    katescleaning
    bmaxwell31
    tina01i
    florencekane

Satyrakk is the member who set up the May challenge and is trying to coordinate however many teams she's put together. Whew!

Please check in here by just saying hello. Once we're all on board we can support each other in reaching our own goals for the lovely month of May.

Welcome, everyone! Let's go!!
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Wishing everyone the best success with the challenge!!
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Good luck.I love a challenge,come on the white team!!::happy:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Okay, we've heard from:

tina01i
    bmzxwell31
    mcmom0725
    kellysmom78
    heidihurl
    magsue
    teresaWash

That leaves unaccounted:

florencekane
    katescleaning
    jkmcfar1
    turnerm65

I'll try to track down the MIA's. For the rest of us, please post: starting weight (for this challenge) and goal weight.
    Also, how do you plan to meet the challenge (try something new) this week. Ready...go!

Me:

sw 158.6
    gw 153.6

Got to think about the challenge!
  • heidihurl
    Options
    OK Here it is:
    SW: 131
    GW: 126

ooooohhh my challenge has to be something physical, I think.
    Something I have never done before?? Sheesh... Not sure... I know..
    I will do 50 sit-ups every night before I go to bed this week. Starting now. (Ugh)
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W.T.G Heidihurl...

Havent a clue what i am gonna do yet

S.W = 144lb
    G.W= 139LB
    Its gonna be a tough week i have an irish wedding to go to they are normally a couple of days long,dont know what the scales will look like after it!!
    I will post again when i know what my new challenge is gonna be!!
  • heidihurl
    Options
    Good Morning All.
    Weighed in lost .5 pounds.
    I am going to weigh in every day if it kills me.

Sit ups were in my sleep. 2 sets of 25. In my head I am thinking about how FLAT my stomach will be at the end of the week. HA!

I have a few events this week too.... I don't want to limit myself and only eat RABBIT food... ugh.. lots of walking and exercise I think.

Best to everyone. Hope all is well. Go White Team!
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Okay, we've heard from:

tina01i
    bmzxwell31
    mcmom0725
    kellysmom78
    heidihurl
    magsue
    teresaWash

That leaves unaccounted:

florencekane
    katescleaning
    jkmcfar1
    turnerm65

I'll try to track down the MIA's. For the rest of us, please post: starting weight (for this challenge) and goal weight.
    Also, how do you plan to meet the challenge (try something new) this week. Ready...go!

Me:

sw 158.6
    gw 153.6

Got to think about the challenge!

Sorry - I posted on the main thread.

Here are my numbers:

SW: 138.6
    GW: 133 (but would love to see 130!)

For the challenge - I'm going to try to NOT eat ALL my exercise points on a daily basis. I would like to leave some calories in the green! :)
  • Cando055
    Options
    Good morning on Day 2!

Still waiting to hear from:
    florencekane
    katescleaning
    jkmcfar1

All others here and accounted for!

For those who haven't already posted this, please provide your start weight, goal weight, and how you plan to meet the challenge for this week. I'm creating a spreadsheet, although I haven't yet figured out how to post it here.

Congrats to heidi for starting us off with a loss!

I'd like our team to have 100% accomplishment of this week's challenge, which is a great one! So choose something (1) measurable; (2) reasonable; and (3) attainable.

I'm still contemplating mine! May have to sneak onto some other threads to get some ideas.
  • tina01i
    tina01i Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies Let's win
  • newNRGkate
    newNRGkate Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ok ladies, I'm here. Just didn't have a chance to do anything but log my breakfast & exercise for today before I left for work.

SW: 139
    GW: 134

Still thinking about what I'll do for the challenge......

Good luck to all, I just know we can do this!!
  • heidihurl
    Options
    Don't you all wish there was a "LIKE" button on MFP?? I love what everyone says and want to respond right away...

Love this site!
  • Cando055
    Options
    White Team,

I thought I would copy and paste this post from Satyrakk, who set up the May Challenge:

____________________________________________________________________________________

MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW: 157
    GW: 152 or lower!!

I am adding an extra workout day and trying to stay a little below my calories this week.

Go White Team!!!!!