breaking a plateau

Options
I have been at the same weight for 3-4 weeks now and its getting very frustrating? Any tips on how to break a plateau? I work out about 5-6 days a week and eat about 1200 calories

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    Age?
    Height?

Did you know working out 5-6 days a week can hinder your weight loss while cutting calories to the extreme?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    zig zagging meals for a week or so and changing workout frequency/intensity always helped me break a plateau. Have had plateaus last up to 6 weeks though.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
  • joslynbolding
    Options
    I agree, you need to eat more calories and if you are going to excersice 5 to 6 days a week..... trust me I know!
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for about 8 weeks and I finally just started eating my full 2000 calories or just a bit under. I did this for about 2 weeks and then went to the method of burning just 1 pound a week (1500 calories) and I started dropping pounds immediately.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem too for the last few weeks with only about 7lbs to go... I was told to mix up my meals a bit, was getting into the habit of eating the same thing for brekkie and lunch most days, swapped lunch and dinner over. Also changed my exercise routine and times around, I usually run 5k 4 times a week and do Zumba at least once a week. Did this for 2 weeks and now the scales have suddenly moved. So Mix it Up and see what happens. Good Luck Jules :flowerforyou:
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    This has happened to me twice this year. I get stuck on the same weight for almost 2 months, then suddenly I start losing almost a pound a day for a week. I would recommend just sticking it out. Right when you are at your most frustrated, the weight will start melting off. Then you will hit another plateau.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I already mix up my workouts a lot with zumba, running, elliptical, biking, walking, hip hop abs, and strength exercises but I am gonna start having to mix up what I eat too it sounds like!
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Before you jump on the "change" anything or "eat more"- are you taking measurements and are they changing? If you added a lot of exercise that were not done in the past, then you could be retaining water or even building some lean body mass which will disguise the weight loss.