I gained 1 lb!

Options
Well, I started at 190. Went down to 184 in 1.5 weeks. I've been eating around 1700 cal a day. I burn around 1500 cal a day, just from exercise.
Two days later, I am 185 again! What the ****? Did I gain muscle? I've been lifting weights pretty intensely lately . My body was super sore yesterday, so I didn't workout. What did I do wrong?

Replies

• auuudriana
    auuudriana Posts: 18
    Options
    Whoa, you need to eat more. If you're only eating 1700, and then burning 1500 from exercise, you need to eat more to make up for what you burned off.
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah man...if you're burning 1500 calories a day you should be eating 2700+ easy.
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sore muscles retain water...Drink more and eat more. Fuel your body
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dang, 2k calories...sounds way too much for a guy like me.
    Thanks for your advice :) Appreciate it!
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Most likely you did not do anything wrong at all, buddy! Since you have been working your muscles so intensely, water is most likely the 1lb you're seeing. Muscle needs water to work correctly and when you are working them out as hard as you are, they also need water to repair themselves. Don't lose hope my friend, the scale is one of many ways to judge getting healthy. If you feel good, eat right and your clothes are starting to get loser, enjoy it! Plus, a 6 pound loss in a week in a half is great, but don't worry if you slow down to a pound or two a week. Good Luck!
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Most likely you did not do anything wrong at all, buddy! Since you have been working your muscles so intensely, water is most likely the 1lb you're seeing. Muscle needs water to work correctly and when you are working them out as hard as you are, they also need water to repair themselves. Don't lose hope my friend, the scale is one of many ways to judge getting healthy. If you feel good, eat right and your clothes are starting to get loser, enjoy it! Plus, a 6 pound loss in a week in a half is great, but don't worry if you slow down to a pound or two a week. Good Luck!

Thanks :) I've been drinking around 12 glasses of water a day.