What food temptation or restaurant almost had you?

Options
royalty_mind_1me
royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
Name that TEMPTATION which almost had you going backwards! AND how did you walk away, drive away, or run away?

Tonight I actually drove up to the drive-thru of Dunkin Donuts....and drove off...whoa!!! :noway:

12146223.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My husband was just having a Magnum ice cream bar and I was a little tempted. Before I had my night snack I had enough calories to spare but the grams of sugar was 30 for one bar!!!! I said no and had some special K instead:) Yay for willpower and following my macros.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @Shells...will power good on yah! I wanted mocha coffee for this tiring night...instead made some at work...no mocha though :sad:
    12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ShwetaK2130
    ShwetaK2130 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend took me to McDonalds yesterday ... I ended up ordering only coffee ... while he had chicken burger, fries and coke ...
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    thats not nice...you are well on your way to your goal hun, and quick :flowerforyou:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Literally everything my boyfriend eats on a daily basis

Every night I see him eating tons of chocolate/candy/cake etc and ALMOST give in every time, but usually drink a glass of sugar water and the craving goes away.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My husband was just having a Magnum ice cream bar and I was a little tempted. Before I had my night snack I had enough calories to spare but the grams of sugar was 30 for one bar!!!! I said no and had some special K instead:) Yay for willpower and following my macros.

Have you ever tried the weight watchers ice cream bars/cones. They make them smaller, I tried one for the first time this weekend. I'm not on weight watchers but my sister is so I took one of hers :) It helps when you are craving something sweet.

This is what their site says about them, I can't find the sugars, I'm still looking.
    Size Vanilla Fudge Swirl Ice Cream Cones. Vanilla and chocolate combine to make this snack size cone a favorite for years to come! Creamy low-fat vanilla flavored ice cream with a tasty chocolate fudge swirl topped with delectable chocolate curls in a crunchy cone. Contains only 90 calories, 2 grams of fat and 0 grams of tans fat. Offered in a package of 6.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Kettle crisps were on special last time I went shopping ( I can only eat certain brands) and my favourite was there but at 500 cals per bag I managed to walk away.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    There is a slab of chocolate in my fridge calling my name, but I'm going for a run right after I finish stretching because I never feel like eating after :)

Well done resisting donuts btw :D I don't think I could have lol
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Texas road house bread and butter.. That was my worst but favorite craving when I was pregnant.. Luckily I wasn't driving. It was fiance, and he ignored me :P
  • alu1977
    alu1977 Posts: 11
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness, I have a few around my place which are incredible. I would eat pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner. AND it doesn't help that I make a good pie myself (I worked for a Pizza place many moons ago and stole their recipes lol). To fight the urge, I will make a "thin crust" pizza a a wheat wrap, a lil sauce, ex on the cheese and load it with greep peppers and pineapple. Much better than a big greasy pie and no guilt while i eat it!
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My supermarket always has a bargain bin of chocolate right next to the checkout, tonight I was super tempted to pick up some cheap KitKats but I resisted. I try to remember something I read on here, willpower is a muscle and you have to exercise it!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    What do you mean, almost? I've eaten plenty of donuts, cookies and ice cream since starting on MFP. :laugh:

When your plan already has you at a 750-calorie deficit, the occasional unplanned snack isn't the end of the world.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    What do you mean, almost? I've eaten plenty of donuts, cookies and ice cream since starting on MFP. :laugh:

When your plan already has you at a 750-calorie deficit, the occasional unplanned snack isn't the end of the world.

^^This. :smile:

Panera's bread. I usually can't get enough of it and hoark it down like I'll never have bread again, but last weekend while eating a salad, I took a bite and didn't want it. :)
  • jmchambers5
    jmchambers5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Nick's in the Stick's, a local steakhouse, got me a couple of days ago. It wasn't the steak that really killed me, it was this rum punch concoction they call the Nicodemus. Alcohol tends to be what gets me. So many empty calories!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

This, and even when you're eating at maintenance, an unplanned snack isn't the end of the world. There will be days you're under and days you're over, and as long as they balance out, you're golden.

But the "Oops, we made too much" bin in the bakery department of the grocery store is my biggest challenge. A half price sheet cake with buttercream icing?! So tempting. If it's a 6 pack cupcakes, I will get them, because I'll eat one a day stretched out over a week.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are big diner fans, which we need to stop doing. It's expensive, and there's hardly anything diet-friendly. Plus, my resistence is weakest when I'm hungry - put me in front of a diner menu when I'm starving, and the one thing I have a really hard time resisting is a cheeseburger deluxe.

Although, this past weekend, I was starving when we got there, and I ordered the skinless grilled chicken breast diet plate (one of those jobs with tons of lettuce, tomato, a side of cottage cheese, and a tiny fruit salad), and I was pretty full when I was done.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I am a foodie. I love watching Food Network and Travel Channel. I'd add the Cooking Channel if it wouldn't raise my cable bill another $20, because I swear, I've seen every show that's not brand new on both the previous channels. All the Man vs Food, Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, No Reservations w/ Anthony Bourdain, and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I love going out and looking at and trying new food... which is strange, because my palette was limited to grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs as a kid.

That would be my biggest challenge. I love to go out on the weekends with the bf and try a brand new place to eat. I usually have whatever I want. And I do feel guilty afterward, when I shouldn't. I'm working on it. It's not something I'm willing to give up, so I'll just have to work it into my life. There's no use feeling guilty for something you enjoy. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Pizza Delight's Chocolate Eruption dessert. Whenever I want one, I remind myself it's 980 calories.
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I work in an office that is obsessed with M&M's. Daily i walk by M&M's i swear if it could rain M&M's in here it would.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Basically any and everything that my girlfriend usually gets that's covered in cheese and bacon (she calls it God's bookmark because she loves bacon so much). :grumble: