What Are Some At Home Workouts?? HELP

Hey does anyone know some good at home work outs?? like websites or regimens or something to do?? and the good websites with a work out that would make me sweat and burn some calories?? HELP

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    I like anything by Jillian Michaels, She has a bunch of different work out vids that are so great to do at home, all you need it some hand weight in a few sizes. Easy to follow and a pretty good burn, depending of course on how much you "bring it" yourself!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    I like anything by Jillian Michaels, She has a bunch of different work out vids that are so great to do at home, all you need it some hand weight in a few sizes. Easy to follow and a pretty good burn, depending of course on how much you "bring it" yourself!

I second this -- I'm not a big tv watcher, so I was a little doubtful when I got her 30DS. But many people on this site had recommended it, and I found this dvd to be a great start to getting myself in shape. It is easy to commit to - only 20 minutes, and the exercises in it are doable (familiar, yet still challenging). Now that I'm in better shape, I'm using the 30DS as a springboard to add even more activity - like maybe alternating it with the "couch to 5k" program.

I also liked the "biggest loser - cardio max" -- it too only requires handweights, but you get quite a workout, and you can customize the length of the workout.
  • TropicTori
    TropicTori Posts: 18
    What about anything free??
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Yes, me too. I am also looking for any kind of workout at home, but free. There used to be some on my On Demand TV, but I can't find any now.

I have NetFlix also but can't find anything there either.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    I'm pretty sure that at least the JM 30 day shred has its 3 parts up on Youtube. Other wise her dvds are pretty cheap, around $10 I reckon...Probably even cheaper on Ebay, I'm sure people would sell their sets for next to nothing..
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm pretty sure that at least the JM 30 day shred has its 3 parts up on Youtube.
    It does as we watched the other night before buying the dvd.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,179 Member
    Look up Tiffany Rothe on Youtube.
  • sarafer1
    sarafer1 Posts: 27 Member
    You can also check your local library for dvds. I frequently check-out various exercise dvds. While that may not be a long-term solution, it would give some variety and you can also decide to purchase them if you really like it.

There's also the Couch to 5K which is free and can be done outside if that's possible for you. They have additional transition programs to a 10k and Half-Marathon, all of which are free as long as you have some place to run.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I found some Tae Bo stuff on youtube also.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Google it girl!!

At home workouts for women. you have an unlimited resource at your finger tips, just have to ask it to work for you.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Saw someone post this a few days ago.
    Can't comment on the videos or what not but seems to be free.
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 124 Member
    Get a skipping rope, some weights and you clearly have the internet so for free go onto youtube.co.uk/.com and do some of the free work out videos on there!!! It's good if you are on a budget!! Also... this may sound strange, but when I have enough energy to get up, but not go outside, I jog around the house to really loud music! Up stairs, down stairs, around the kitchen... then when i'm bored of that do some jumping jacks and stuff!!! There is always a way to get it in!!!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Turbo Fire!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    thepiratebay.org
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    sit ups, pull ups, push ups, jump rope, burpees, squats and so on.
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Yes, me too. I am also looking for any kind of workout at home, but free. There used to be some on my On Demand TV, but I can't find any now.

I have NetFlix also but can't find anything there either.

I have NetFlix and there are several on there for instant streaming, do you own a Wii or Playstation 3? I have a bunch of instant videos in my Queue that I can watch anytime, I really like the 10 minute solution, target toning with Cindy Whitmarsh. It's broken down into 5 ten minute workouts, do one or do them all! I have Comcast for my cable company and last time I looked there were a bunch of free on demand workouts but I don't have the room to workout in my livingroom and it's tile floors and I don't have a cable box in my "workout" room (which also dubbs as the kids playroom:) Another idea is to check out your library, I've tried several of Jillian Micheal's workout DVDs borrowed from the library first and if I liked it enough I bought it at Wal-Mart for around ten bucks:)
  • TropicTori
    TropicTori Posts: 18
    Thanks Guys!! I'm going to check them out!! :)
  • mbbras01
    mbbras01 Posts: 2 Member
    Nike training club has an app for circuit training. It tells you which exercises to do, how long to do them and a video demonstration. It's free and the best thing I have ever used!