North Shore Illinois (Evanston Skokie Wilmette Lincolnwood)

Options
I am in Evanston & am looking for folks who might want to meet up in person and do a walk & talk or a jog & talk in the north shore. My favorite place to run is Lovelace Park because each lap is already measured out to be half of a mile, so it's easy to keep track of distance. If you would like to exercise together in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette, Lincolnwood, Des Plaines, Rogers Park, or somewhere else near by, please let me know. I am open to all forms of exercise too, including running/walking, swimming, tennis, biking, softball, & rowing. Looking forward to becoming fit friends on here together :flowerforyou:

Please join our My Fitness Pal group here at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5417-north-shore-illinois-evanston-skokie-wilmette

Thank you,
Jenny Korn

Replies

• mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What up North Shore!?! Although debatably E-town, Skokie and Lincolnwood aren't NS! :laugh:

I'm further north, Lake Bluff, but I'd be up for something scheduled!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Skokie basically a wart on Evanston's butt, so it counts as North Shore. Lincolnwood may be a stretch.

Anyone from the 60203 zip code knows about "Skevanston." You got to choose your school system, so half your neighbors went to Niles North and the other half went to ETHS. It was all f'd up.

And man, did I ever lay a lot of pipe in Lovelace Park during high school. I dunno how I'm not in jail.

Oh, BTW, I moved to Indy so I can't go running with you. I just couldn't not click on the thread because of the title. Good luck finding some jogging buddies.
  • JennyKorn
    JennyKorn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cool! I will friend you & invite you to our group, Mayerel.

And I'll do the same for Al, even if he' s in Indy. You are welcome to hang when you visit! :-)

Thanks to you both!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love lovelace park
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awww I'm close but not close enough. Skokie is about 40 minutes from where I live, about 30 minutes from where I work (Schaumburg)