I am glad I found this site!

Options
Greetings!
First, I am very happy to find a tool that is so easy to use. I think I learned to hate the journalizing because it was hard. It took too much time. It made me feel silly because I know what I ate today. Why do I still need a tool like this? Because by Friday I would forget what I ate on Monday. Not so much the name of what I ate, but how much I ate and was it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

First, I want make it clear that I am not a nutritionist or professional of any kind. I am a regular person like you who was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) in 2009, so I have had to educate myself about food choices and food additives to avoid aggravating my condition. I don't have all the answers, but I can offer info I already know to help support our collective efforts. I've been flammed and trolled off of other support message boards because I try to offer information I have already worked to research so my fellow dieters don't have to duplicate the work, and so I guess I sometimes sound like an expert...which I am not. So you will see my suggestion posts will often start out with "I am not a nutritionist...." so I don't get yelled at and flammed and trolled off this site, too.

I like reading the posts and replies because when we share info and ideas we all grow and benefit. If information or suggestions are kept to a select few, then only those select few will succeed at losing weight. SO.... I tend to share alot... I hope this group doesn't find that objectionable like other sites have.

I welcome suggestions and thoughts from others who are needing to make these lifestyle changes as well. I learn much more than I can ever say by discovering the different point of view from others.

Thanks for having me, hopefully I'll get to stick around for awhile. LOL

Replies

• denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love this site too! Just got my bff from highschool to join. I feel like such a dummy, still trying to figure out how to get the little progress ticker to show up on my posts. Yay, I finally figured it out!
  • NWFLDeaconsWife
    NWFLDeaconsWife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was off for a few days due to finals. Tests are over for this semester now. Oh, and I *DO* see your ticker! Yah! :happy:
  • a1southeasterndip
    a1southeasterndip Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    First, I am very happy to find a tool that is so easy to use. I think I learned to hate the journalizing because it was hard. It took too much time. It made me feel silly because I know what I ate today. Why do I still need a tool like this? Because by Friday I would forget what I ate on Monday. Not so much the name of what I ate, but how much I ate and was it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

First, I want make it clear that I am not a nutritionist or professional of any kind. I am a regular person like you who was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) in 2009, so I have had to educate myself about food choices and food additives to avoid aggravating my condition. I don't have all the answers, but I can offer info I already know to help support our collective efforts. I've been flammed and trolled off of other support message boards because I try to offer information I have already worked to research so my fellow dieters don't have to duplicate the work, and so I guess I sometimes sound like an expert...which I am not. So you will see my suggestion posts will often start out with "I am not a nutritionist...." so I don't get yelled at and flammed and trolled off this site, too.

I like reading the posts and replies because when we share info and ideas we all grow and benefit. If information or suggestions are kept to a select few, then only those select few will succeed at losing weight. SO.... I tend to share alot... I hope this group doesn't find that objectionable like other sites have.

I welcome suggestions and thoughts from others who are needing to make these lifestyle changes as well. I learn much more than I can ever say by discovering the different point of view from others.

Thanks for having me, hopefully I'll get to stick around for awhile. LOL
    ======================================================================

Thank you for sharing your story. I was diagnosed with Stage 0 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL), in January, after having been diagnosed with a "blood disorder" called Monoclonal B-cell Leukocytosis last Spring at age 57. During my first 6-month check up on the blood disorder it had progressed to CLL! The good news is the CLL is that, out of the five stages, mine is at Stage 0 and my oncologist tells me I have between 5-10 years before facing any treatment. In the meantime, I am running Google searches trying to learn more about this incurable disease caused by a defect on "one" of my white blood cells! The prior 6 months, I kept saying "I'm living with a ticking time bomb!" And, as it turns out, I sure am! I'm a tad anxious about what is around the corner for me; what I am facing next; how long do I have before I die; what kind of pain am I facing; why has this happened to me; what is my body going to endure; will I end up being a burden to my 27-year old son; and such. It is maddening.

I realize that everyone is unique. However, since you were diagnosed with CLL, seven years ago, would you mind telling me what stage you were at in 2009, the stage you're at today, and what you've faced over the past seven years regarding your CLL? I would like to get an idea what I can look forward to.

I hope you're feeling well. Sincerely, Cyndy