P90x!

Options
I started P90x yesterday and I want to find some people who are doing it now so that I can have buddies to do it with! Or people who have done it already that can give helpful advice. I need people to kick my *kitten*! Send me a message or a request if you want to motivate each other :)

Replies

• Rizabees
    Rizabees Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm planning on starting p90x May 8th, the day my husband leaves for BMT for the Air Force. Gotta look cute for his graduation. :>
  • sdtrex
    sdtrex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started two days ago. So far so good. Though I have been doing boot camps, and so far I'm actually surprised that it isn't more intense on the cardio side. I may switch to Insanity after a couple weeks depending on how I feel then.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    me!!!!!
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it a month. Love it! Good luck!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am now in my 3rd week of P90X... and im loving it! I have never stuck to a program this long with such strong commitment! I was told before I started to take the first week at about 85% percent cuz giving a full fledge 100% the person that gave me the advice said he thought he was gonna die! He could barely put his own shirt on by the end of the week. I was terrified to start! But I did it... and Im very glad I did. You can add me if you like... the more the merrier. The best thing about P90X is everyday is something different... i keeps you interested and the results are great! Only in my 3rd week and i have noticed i have tightened up alot! get'r done girl.... and remember take the first week with a bit of ease... and dont let the pain stop you!
  • jmbrown727
    jmbrown727 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last spring. Loved it when I started and did get good results as far as building muscle. My brother is very committed to it and on his 3rd time through with great results, but I have had a hard time going through it again. Tony isn't that funny after 3 months of listening to the same jokes! After a while, I turned it to "no music and cues" and put some great music on in the background. It helped. My only real complaint about the program is that the workouts are long and I would have loved to have more cardio. I am taking boot camp classes now and find them to be much more well rounded for me.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    P90X is amazing! Stick with it and it will change your life. I have done 3 rounds of P90X and I have two weeks of Insanity left and then I will be doing P90X2. I will give you any advise I can. Good Luck!
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm literally staring at the video right now. I'm about to do the first one. Wish me luck!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did 5 rounds. Changed my life. Just don't give up and don't skip any workouts. Consistency wins the race. Good luck!
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I started 2 days ago. I hurt... a lot.
  • workitoutbee
    Options
    I am going to start P90x Tomorrow! I am trying to get motivated as well. I hope you can be a help to me. I did p90x last year around this time and i had major results. I feel off track and eating habits starting to get out of wack. Now, its time to get back on my grind. :smile:
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Restarting tonight now that my hand is better and I am over my pneumonia. Add me if you want! :)
  • jfish428
    jfish428 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start this Sunday! I've done almost all the workouts before, but never the whole 90 days.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone another member and I are starting a big group on May 14th.

We are looking for anyone and everyone that would be interested in starting a round of P90X with us on May 14! This will be an awesome way for everyone to stay accountable to their workouts and nutrition, and will give one heck of a motivation since we will all be on the same workouts on the same days!

We are going to create a FB closed group. Check my post.
  • PSantos1
    Options
    Ok, just did my first session of p90x. Chest and back, plus the Ab Ripper X. I can't move my arms, and it's only been 10 min. since i finished. That was pretty amazing.

Also, it was totally manageable!!! let's see how this works out.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    P90X IS AMAZING!! The body, mental health and spirit I have today is because of P90X.
    I finished a second round at the end of March and doing Brazil Butt Lift now but every other day I do chin ups because I want to see how many I can do. I am up to 12 as of Monday. That is the type of strenght P90X gives you!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • MariaMariaM
    Options
    I'm literally staring at the video right now. I'm about to do the first one. Wish me luck!

Get ready for rubber arms. You will have them after Chest and BACK + AB ripper. It is well worth it.
  • MariaMariaM
    Options
    Ok, just did my first session of p90x. Chest and back, plus the Ab Ripper X. I can't move my arms, and it's only been 10 min. since i finished. That was pretty amazing.

Ha, I just replied to your post telling you to get ready for jelly/rubber arms by the time you are done with the 1st dvd.
  • PSantos1
    Options

Ha, I just replied to your post telling you to get ready for jelly/rubber arms by the time you are done with the 1st dvd.

yep, can't wait to attempt going to train bjj tomorrow #useless

btw, what do you guys input for your workout? ie, calories/minutes or name of exercise
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting it!!!

I just began my second round this week. Decided to follow the nutrition guide that comes with the program and see what that does for me. I have a bit to lose so the first round I lost 10 pounds of fat, but I know that I lost more than that in fat, I just gained muscle instead!

This round, starting 10 pounds lighter, doing the fat shredder food guide for the first month. There should be some awesome progress!

You need to stick with it and not give up on the first week, keep going and you will notice a difference, I promise!!!