Weight loss requires patience!!!!

Options
So I've lost 13 pounds...which is great but I am still 182 lbs. I am always down on myself because even though I've lost weight, I still feel huge..

Anyway, I just need some encouragement

Replies

• saralind21
    saralind21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I've lost 13 pounds...which is great but I am still 182 lbs. I am always down on myself because even though I've lost weight, I still feel huge..

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :frown: I am with you. But you know we are on the right path. One step at a time. I have been here since August and have felt this way more than once. Work through this because we can do it. It does take patience and work but if we are feeling better than isn't it worth it.

Keep it up! We can do it!
    :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Not only can you do it, you will!

My inspiration has always been that "slow losers" keep the weight off, and patience is the number one requirement in weight loss.

Sending you positive thoughts...:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

saralind21, we all feel that way at some point.
    You're doing so good.... you've knocked off 13 pounds girl... that's a reason to continue!!!

~Joanna
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Listen sweetie….we didn’t gain the weight overnight so we can’t lose it overnight. I wish we could….but sadly….we can’t. It took me close to 2 years to lose the 171 pounds that I have lost. I use to weigh over 300 pounds. I know dieting gets tedious and we wish it would end soon. Just stick with it and you WILL lose the weight. Just be patient…time is going to pass….it always does. Just make use of that time and stick to your eating plan and before you know it you will be at your goal weight. Keep your mind and hands busy. That always helps me. Come here read and post. We can’t eat while we are typing *giggle*
    You have lost 13 pounds which is AWESOME!!
    Next time you are at the supermarket go pick up a 10 pound of cat litter and feel how heavy that is. Then pick up 3 pounds of butter and put it on top of the cat litter. That comparison will help you realize just how much 13 pounds really is and how much you have already lost.
    I take a 10 pound bag of cat litter to my TOPS meeting for our members to pick up and feel just how heavy 10 pounds is. They say that helps them so much.
    When I fly my luggage can only weigh 50 pounds each. The first time I picked one of them up I was in shock. I then realized just how much I had lost. It was an eye opener for me.
    Congratulations on the 13 pound loss and keep on keeping on.
    YOU CAN DO IT AND WILL lose all the weight you want and need to lose!!
    ((((Hugs))))
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Loretta_Jo...my favorite motivation is to go to the dairy section of the supermarket and look at the big pounds of butter...and try to see if they even have enough in stock to cover my weight loss. There's something about looking at the pure fat content of butter.

Thirteen pounds is awesome! If you pile up 52 sticks of butter, that's how much you've lost. That's a lot.

Keep on chuggin' away at it, you can do it!
  • rachelfrear
    Options
    The way I like to see it and it helps me out is that weight loss is not a diet it's a lifestyle change. I keep thinking this is not a diet this is my life! I've decided to change my habits eat right and work out. Adding exercise has become my "thing" My New Habit if you get your mind on that it will help you out so much. It does take patience but you can do it!!! Before you know it you're going to look up and it's next year and you've lost soo much weight. Make every day Count!! Every day is a new start, a fresh day to lose those pounds!! When i'm feeling hungry i'll snack on an apple or diet coke, even a stick of sugerless gum helps too. When you fall down get back up and keep trucking along. If I feel like i'm dying for some candy or chocolate cake I add the calories in that food and if that Cake is worth me being on the treadmill for 60 minutes then I'll eat it then hop on the threadmill for an hour for a fast brisk walk.. Weight loss is easy.. burn more then you are consuming!

Good Luck I'm here for you and anyone else that needs support cause I know I do too!

~Rachel.
  • rtamayo
    rtamayo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am with you, It really is frustrating when I am dieting for 3 months and only lose like 5 pounds and my
    husband diets for 2 weeks and looses like 15 pounds. What is up with that??????
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. All men have to do is exhale and they lose weight.