Hello

Options
Hi all

I am reintroducing myself as I am back after a 10 month break (had a baby).

I am currently 167lb and want to be 133lb and go down from a size 16-18 to a UK size 12.

Please add me as could use the support and motivation.

xx

Replies

• kym733
    kym733 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just woke up this morning and found I gained 100llbs, and can't do what I use to do.. I am not sure how that happened, but i want to lose the weight and become activie again. I want to be able to bend down and tie my shoes without discomfort.

Please add me an give me encouragement, I really want to lose this weight without surgery..
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm always glad to make a new friend and welcome you back to MFP. It's been a long time since I had to lose "baby" weight but do remember those days. I thought I was so "big" then....now I would love to be that weight again. LOL

Remember as you care for your new baby and your family that you need to also take care of yourself. If we don't love ourselves, we cannot love others. Our family relies on us and I'm a firm believer that the mother is the backbone of a family.

You can eat healthy and get whatever exercise you can to help yourself get back to where you would like to be. We had a "Drop 10 in 10" class session yesterday at work and the leader showed an example of fitting a (1/2) hour of exercise in our schedule 5 days a week. There are 24 hours in a day, 24 X 2 = 48 (1/2) hour segments, 48 X 7 days in a week = 336 (1/2) hr segments in a week. Can we not carve out 5 of these (1/2) hour segments for ourselves to exercise? When she put it like that, how could I say I couldn't "find the time?"

I will encourage and applaud you on your journey to your goal and good health.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    hi! and welcome!
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for the welcome.

With regards to the exercise I actually have that one covered as from this week my eldest son has gone from full time to part time nursery therefore I walk up there every afternoon which takes between 40 and 50 mins round trip. That along with pushing the buggy and my eldest standing on a buggy board I am certainly getting my 5x30mins per week. I am also fully breastfeeding our new baby which I have been told equates to around 500 cals per day so as long as I stick to my diet and don't cheat (too much) then the weight should easily come off.

The one thing I can't do without is sweets, I have a huge sweet tooth so I allocate myself 100 cals to sweets every day (which is usually a sherbert dip in the evening).

I have just made a huge family stew which in total is 1200 cals. There is more that enough to cover mine and hubbys dinner this evening, as well as lunch for hubby and our son tomorrow so I'd guess at around 300 cals per serving which isn't bad for a girl that couldn't even make toast a couple of years ago!

xx