Thinspiration

Options
Just wondering what you guys thought of the topic of thinspiration. Is it beneficial, harmful, or a little of both? If you do agree with it, who/what is your "idol"? My thinspiration personally, is any really fit, hot guy. I think to myself "That's the kind of guy I want. Would they want to be with me when I'm at this weight?" Superficial, I know, but somewhat of a motivator :P Would love to hear your thoughts :P

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My "thinspiration" is Megan Fox. I want to have her body.
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options

She has an amazing body!!! I'd give anything to look like that
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

Hah, don't even get me started. That girl is perfect.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Mine is Jennifer Lawrence. I think she has just the right amount of curve to her body.
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    Miranda Kerr is mine.
    I think it may be more harmful than helpful though since I'm 5'1" there's no way I can ever look like that so it probably just breeds disappointment in myself by wishing I could reach such a standard.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd say this, but Miley Cyrus. That pic of her recently in her blue and black workout clothes....she just looked amazing.

Almost a girl-crush. She's a bit too young for me though lol.
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options
    Mine is Jennifer Lawrence. I think she has just the right amount of curve to her body.

Yes definitely. I'd have to say my female "thinspiration" is Scarlet Johansson. I love her body
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Actually I have two, Rebecca Romijin and Alison Sweeney. Now THERE'S two women with great bods. And as much as she drives me crazy, being a total know-it-all the best of the time, I'd also have to throw in Jillian Michaels. She grew up a chubby kid. Wouldn't know that, would you? Those women are my idols.
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options
    you girls are coming up with some good ones!! anyone have a guy idol? Not to look like, but to look amazing FOR. I'd have to say mine would be Kyle Schmid :P
  • PhoebeC123
    Options
    I'd also have to throw in Jillian Michaels. She grew up a chubby kid. Wouldn't know that, would you? Those women are my idols.

Oh my gosh yes Jillian Michaels!!
  • PhoebeC123
    Options
    you girls are coming up with some good ones!! anyone have a guy idol? Not to look like, but to look amazing FOR. I'd have to say mine would be Kyle Schmid :P

The man I just married. He works out a bunch and is muscley as heck. I want to be small compared to him.
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options

The man I just married. He works out a bunch and is muscley as heck. I want to be small compared to him.

That's awesome!! :) congrats btw :) I'm still 18 so I still have time to dream lol
  • PhoebeC123
    Options
    That's awesome!! :) congrats btw :) I'm still 18 so I still have time to dream lol

Thank you. I'm sure you'll find your dream guy. By the way you have the most amazing smile :)
  • ahink0417
    ahink0417 Posts: 4
    Options
    i believe its a good topic! just got to make sure that people arent taking it as thin is the only way to feel goof about yourself. there is THIN line between being thin and attractive and being T0O thin. yes, there is such a thing. curvy is sexy as well !
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options

Thank you. I'm sure you'll find your dream guy. By the way you have the most amazing smile :)

I hope :) and aww thank you so much! :) care if I add you?
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Never thought I'd say this, but Miley Cyrus. That pic of her recently in her blue and black workout clothes....she just looked amazing.

I've seen that photo and man does that girl look good!
  • PhoebeC123
    Options
    I hope :) and aww thank you so much! :) care if I add you?

I'll beat you to it :p
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i'm more of a fitspiration kind of girl!
    lots of things in my life are fitspiration: all the wonderful people here, that hot guy at the gym, seeing myself body change & motivational quotes!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Hah, don't even get me started. That girl is perfect.

noo, she has toethumbs.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I've seen that photo and man does that girl look good!

I saw this! and I don;t care for her, but I was impressed!!