Need Motivation/Workout Buddy

Options

Replies

• CWO3Dave
    CWO3Dave Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey tluurtse! I know what you mean about carbs & cheese.... look at me ... Type 2 Diabetic w/3 stents.... I have to watch Carbs Sugars & fats!!!! They did take away my carbs & cheese!! :-( But hey..... I am going to live a long time for my G'kids!!
    As far as motivation to work out.... .set a Goal... a walk or run or ride in your area.... I am training on my bicycle for the Tour de Cure in North Texas on July 28th. It gives me something to shoot for other than JUST to lose weight. Attaining one will Guarantee the other!!! Shout at me anytime you need motivation and I will put my Marine Hat back on .... :-) (21yrs) Good Luck!!
  • tluurtse
    tluurtse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have any friends that do walk/runs or bicycle. I'm just not into doing one alone. I've told my husband before that I wanted to do one & he questions me on why I would want to do that... deal with the traffic, find parking, pay to walk, deal with the traffic again, etc. It's enough to crush those dreams. lol I'm trying to come up with a measurable goal (or at least one I can see) that doesn't revolve around the scale, but so far I haven't thought of anything.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for almost 4 months and about to lose 50lbs. Once you incorporate healthy eating you will see increased results.

Feel free to add me! I'm 35 yrs old looking to lose another 50 lbs. I live in Orlando Fl and have a 20 month old son.

I also have reduced my carbs recently, I am on MFP A LOT.
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your weight loss. I know I can't do it by myself and don't know many people who can, that is why I love MFP. It is wonderful for tips, motivations, etc. Everyone on here is human and everyone has "relapsed" as we shall say but with motivation we all come back. I was sick for about 3 weeks and took me another week to get out of my funk and want to workout again but my friends were here to motivate me all of the way and not judge me and that is what I love about this site. :happy:
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @ SweetMegz 2 days is a start! Like I said, I've been working out, but still eating whatever & however much of it I wanted. I really just started dieting this morning so I can't even claim to 2 days! lol

Why is that friends & family (even those that need to get healthier themselves) just don't understand & can't support us??

I wish my Family & Friends Supported me in the Journey. It's so hard when those you wish would, don't
    I am fortunate to have two very good friends supporting me, but sometimes I look at that like "Oh No, I don't want to dissapoint them" I guess it's a double edge sword in the mind of me...
  • nishsuz
    nishsuz Posts: 55
    Options
    Add me! Add me! Ill be ur support buddy! :flowerforyou:
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    would be glad to help motivate you sdd me if youd like!!!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you want!

My weight has dipped & dived for years.....
    I have now officially retired and plan to get active a lot more

I don't want to 'diet' but really eat healthily

Good Luck, and well done on your weight loss so far

Di

:-)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I try to work out daily (don't always make it) but I am always looking for virtual workout buddies!
  • dsoto1123
    dsoto1123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, I don't have any friends that do walk/runs or bicycle. I'm just not into doing one alone. I've told my husband before that I wanted to do one & he questions me on why I would want to do that... deal with the traffic, find parking, pay to walk, deal with the traffic again, etc. It's enough to crush those dreams. lol I'm trying to come up with a measurable goal (or at least one I can see) that doesn't revolve around the scale, but so far I haven't thought of anything.

It's a shame that he told you that. I mean, i am supportive of my livein-girlfriend and she is of me and we both started this yesterday. Already did 45min of cardio, yes it was a killer after so many months of not exercising but we are both commited of doing a "Life Style" change. We don't see it as a diet, we just see it as changing the way we live to be healthy. We are both promoters of the American Heart Association so we like to lead by example and that's living healthy. I join this thru a friend and i have to say so far i love it. I wish you good luck on your journey, and (coming from a man) if he's not supportive, there lots of people here that are, and i'm sure once he sees the change in you, he will join you.

David (from MA)
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you don't have that support at home maybe once they see how good you are doing it will be a kick in the pants. Just be forewarned that they may start to sabotage you. I have heard from others in situations like yours. Stay strong to your goals and relish in the support of friends online. I would love to also be a cheerleader/ workout buddy for you! I still have 70+ lbs. to go and I am hoping to get there by Halloween which will be my 2 year anniversary for starting this journey again. Good luck Sweetie!! You can accomplish ANYTHING if you just BELIEVE!
  • trustinthelord
    Options
    HI there, are you still on the boards? I'm NEW and would love a work out buddy too! Interested???
  • trustinthelord
    Options
    Hey I'm a newbie and would love support too. what does ('sdd' me if you'd like) mean?? I'm still not sure how to use this mfp...but looking forward to some WEIGHT LOSS!!! :)
  • trustinthelord
    Options
    oh my land, I just read your 'timeline' and you have lost 146 lbs??? that is absolutely encouraging! Way to go.
    I'm so very new to mfp and would love to know how to use it (in an easy way). I work full time and have 2 kids. Life is real! (and busy!) smile...

Look forward to hearing back from you!
    Thanks!
  • dianegrobertson
    Options
    Hi! I just started this week myself. I haven't lost anything yet and currently getting acclimated as well as researching for the right diet for me.
    I can use all the motivation I can get and I would love to encourage as much as I am able to. Count me in!!
  • dianegrobertson
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! You are a sure inspiration! I am just starting out. Any tips? I would like to loose about 20 lbs to start out and I certainly need to tone up.
    How often do you work out? What sort of diet do you follow?
  • dianegrobertson
    Options
    @amycarol5 :Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! You are a sure inspiration! I am just starting out. Any tips? I would like to loose about 20 lbs to start out and I certainly need to tone up.
    How often do you work out? What sort of diet do you follow?
  • tluurtse
    Options
    @dsoto1123: It's not that my husband doesn't want me to do well. It's just not convenient for him that I'm making healthier dinners & get home just a little later because I went to the gym. The funniest part of it, though, was when I was on the floor doing crunches. I said, laughing, "you know, you could get down here with me!" He replied, "No thanks! I've done crunches before!" When he says "before," he means probably 10 years ago. lol
  • tluurtse
    Options
    @trustinthelord: There is a ton of stuff on this site & I'm sure you're probably feeling overwhelmed by all of the info, the community forums, & the trackers. There's just so much to look at! You just have to jump in & everyone will accept you. This site is amazing... no judgment & tons of encouragement! :-)
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I could use the same thing... and I'm in Indianapolis too! Sending you a friend request!