Power 90 or P90X on 5/7/12

Options
Hi, we have both sets of dvd's and ate going to begin one of these programs on the 7th of May! My wife is off for the summer so this is the best time for us to commit to a workout program.
Would it be better to start with the Power 90 and then move to the P90x after finishing that? That is what I am leaning toward but just thought I would throw it out there for input from some that may have been through either of the plans!!

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I started P90X *lean* in March and love it...I've never done Power 90 but I'm sure it's also a great program. Depending on how physically fit you already are should probably be your determining factor. If you've been working out already and think that you're both in good shape, then I'd say go right into P90X!
  • kooldill
    kooldill Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it depends on your fitness level im 62 days into [power 90 and i love it if your not physically fit start with power 90 if you are then p90x
  • solearybrown
    solearybrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    definitely start with power 90 first
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    your plans seems to be alright. yes. power 90 first then p90x.

it depends on your background, in my case i start with p90x since i've been working out in a gym before. but i'm planning to go back with power 90 when i achieve my weight and fitness goal, this is just for maintenance. either way, it's still good for you since it's a workout.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I needed these answers. Thanks for sharing.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Power 90 if you're coming straight off the couch. If you've been workoing out for a while and want to take things to the next level, then P90X.

IF you do P90X, do the Classic version. Forget the Lean nonsense.
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with those above...if you are pretty fit, start with P90X and do your best.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Power 90 if you're coming straight off the couch. If you've been workoing out for a while and want to take things to the next level, then P90X.

IF you do P90X, do the Classic version. Forget the Lean nonsense.

Agree with this, don't bother with the lean, you will not lose more weight, and you will not bulk up on classic anyway.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If you have both I would say start off with P90. I started with P90 then P90 Master Series then P90X...I never completed the 90 day's but that is because I get bored and have to switch thing's up a little.

Good Luck
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you have both I would say start off with P90. I started with P90 then P90 Master Series then P90X...I never completed the 90 day's but that is because I get bored and have to switch thing's up a little.

Good Luck

You got bored of a program that changes your routine at week 4, 5, 7, 8 and 12? not to mention there are 6 different workouts every week. That is the most diversity I have ever seen in any program. Bored of Tony, I could see that.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have Power 90 and have been on it for 19 days. I just switched yesterday to the second level (3-4) as I am ready for it. I also bought the extension pack level (5-6) so plan on going right on into that June 1st. Once complete and feeling I have maxed out that program I will move into p90x myself. You can always change your mind if you feel Power 90 level (1-2) is too easy, move up a level, if thats too easy move up another level, if thats too easy then do P90X I dont think you will find that easy, but everyone who has tried it loved it! I know mfp friends who have completed one or more rounds of both programs, so you can not go wrong and you will see amazing results with either. I have already lost 2.5 inches in 2 weeks and 3 lbs. You will love either program, you guys can do it!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am not physically "fit" while my wife may be a little more so than me! I am starting with the p90 then when that is done I hope to move on to the p90x. I'm pretty excited about getting this started!!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Start with the P90... one day you'll realize that you're not being challenged anymore. That is the day to graduate to P90X. Just keep pushing play and you'll do great! :)
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Good Luck

You got bored of a program that changes your routine at week 4, 5, 7, 8 and 12? not to mention there are 6 different workouts every week. That is the most diversity I have ever seen in any program. Bored of Tony, I could see that.

Yes I do, it isn't that I get bored (not totally) but I alway's want to see what is next so I jump ahead. I know that for me sticking with a 90 day program won't happen. I love Tony and I love all of the P90 DVD's I just do what I want when I want and don't stick with any routine...it works for me :drinker: