Newbie!

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Shelly. I joined mfp last week. I have almost 70 pounds to loose. I am very short so the weight adds up fast on me. I want to make this time successful. Anyone have any great suggestions?

Replies

• Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I don't really have any great tips but I too need friends and motivation! Good luck!
  • twk65
    twk65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. I'm only 5"3 and know I need to lose some weight. I'm sitting the summer semester out from Comm College to prepare for a move in June, but that gives me a whole month of no activity. So I'm hoping I can do this. Need to get and stay motivated. I want to look REAL good when my boyfriend sees me in June! :happy:
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I just joined and really need accountability. I have lost a few pounds already, with diet only, but am adding the exercise component.
  • FunMomof2
    FunMomof2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome Newbie!! And welcome to you ladies who have already commented. I've only been on here for 1 week, but I had made a healthy lifestyle change in the fall of 2009 and I had lost 80lbs. I had gained 10lbs over the passed year and thought why have I not lost anymore pounds. Well for 1 I stopped exercising Sept. 2010 and definitely feel a difference. So my boyfriend joined MFP about a month ago being a new diabetic, well thanks to him I feel inspired again and joined for us to encourage each other.
    YOU ALL CAN DO IT!!! If I did 80lbs orginially I can lose the last 40lbs and so can you ladies. I noticed when I see all what I have eaten in black and white it is amazing how wrong I was eating. I joined a gym last week as well and lost 1.5lbs already!!!
    So have faith in God and he will help quide you as he has done for my boyfriend and myself. :flowerforyou:
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I have been her for over 50 days. I love MFP and all of the support. You can all add me as a friend if you like. YOU CAN DO THIS! JUST RECORD EVERYTHING AND BE HONEST! We are all human and will fall, but just get back up as everyday is a new day.:flowerforyou:
  • chevere94501
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great website and the community is great as well.
    here is a tip that is working well for me.

Ciao,

Jose

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/576862-midday-munchies
  • Shellyblankenship
    Options
    Hi... I am only 4'10 1/2. Your a giant to me! LOL

I am jumping in with two feet. I know I can do it and so can you! I just graduated from my community college. I spent 2 1/2 years studying. My days were all messed up with school and my nights were worse with studying. I need to get out of my bad eating habits and get more exercise....