Tuna on my salad...not so much.

Options
devilwhiterose
devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
So I read on here about some folks adding tuna on top of their salad for extra protein.

I did that today with a Starkist packet. Blech. :laugh:

Totally ruins the texture of my salad. No thank you!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese on your salad? I've never personally tried it but if I go somewhere where there is a salad bar I see everyone doing it and my fiance does it....I'm too afraid to try it.
  • devilwhiterose
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese on your salad? I've never personally tried it but if I go somewhere where there is a salad bar I see everyone doing it and my fiance does it....I'm too afraid to try it.

:laugh: I'm a hit or miss with cottage cheese. The last time I had some was about 9 months ago Doesn't sound like it'd be too bad on my salad. Hmmm...
  • coliema
    Options

:laugh: I'm a hit or miss with cottage cheese. The last time I had some was about 9 months ago Doesn't sound like it'd be too bad on my salad. Hmmm...
    I LOVE cottage cheese, but I don't know about my salad! Maybe someday I'll be brave and try it.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I tried some of that pink salmon that comes in the little bag. Bumblebee I thinik. It was pretty good.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Instead of just pouring it out of a a pouch, I mix it with green peppers, red onions, mashed avocado (instead of mayo), tomatoes, etc and then top my salad with it. use a fork to break it up and that might help. I love it this way.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I tried it once and didnt like it either. I love making tuna melts with whole wheat bread or put in a pita with spinach. I never miss tuna with any mayo because I hate mayo and I dislike lettuce so spinach for me.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Tuna is gross.

This Family Guy quote sums it up:

Stewie Griffin: What the hell is this?
    Lois Griffin: It's your favourite honey, tuna salad.
    Stewie Griffin: Oh,really, is that what it is? Because I could have sworn it was mayonnaise and cat food!!
  • coliema
    Options
    Tuna is gross.

Stewie Griffin: Oh,really, is that what it is? Because I could have sworn it was mayonnaise and cat food!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LOVE the family guy quote.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i Love tuna ♥ i do like it on salad i love my salad full of many thing i call them my Junk Salad :D
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Haaah!!!

I love tuna salad on my salad, not just plain tuna. I don't worry too much about the small amount of mayo in it - I don't add any extra dressing or salt/pepper. So it's mostly just salad greens with tuna salad mixed all through it.
  • devilwhiterose
    Options
    Tuna is gross.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Made my day. :drinker:
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    mmmh i love tuna. I get the solid white albacore and squeeze all the water out so its nice and dry. Lots of onions and a balsamic vinagrette...mmmmmmmmmh! Actually had tuna for lunch:bigsmile: