hungry after eating b-fast

kmyerslp
kmyerslp Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I work in the schools and eat early in the morning.....sometimes I am hungry within an hour of eating...suggestions on what to eat in the morning so i am not sooo hungry

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Fiber and protein. For instance- 2 whole grain toast, an egg, a small piece of cheese and a piece of fruit. The perfect breakfast. :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    What are you eating in the morning? Make sure you eat a good combination of nutrients. I usually eat old fashioned oats with any type of berries, chopped almonds or walnuts and a scoop of whey protein. If I dont add the whey protein I make the oatmeal with milk. That keeps me full for about 2.5-3 hrs which is the right time to eat again! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    What are you eating now? I always have two eggs with either a cup of oats, two pieces of whole grain bread, or a whole grain english muffin along with a piece of cheese, and 1/4-1/2 cup of milk in my coffee. The oats and eggs usually stick with me the longest because of the fat, fiber and protein.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    I eat oatmeal and it really stays with me until lunch
  • I typically eat cottage cheese with fruit and flax seed.......2 turkey sausage links....maybe an egg( when i have time)
  • Eggs! Breakfast of champions!:laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    I typically eat cottage cheese with fruit and flax seed.......2 turkey sausage links....maybe an egg( when i have time)

That sounds good! Maybe add more volume with veggies in your egg or switching the fruit for a lower glycemic index food (that depends on the fruit).
  • I typically have either strawberries, blueberries or raspberries....
    what other fruit would you recommend?
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    I can eat 1 cup (frozen)blueberries and 1 cup organic non-fat yogart plus coffee and I stay full until lunch. Sometimes I eat 1/2 cup of each and add a whole grain cereal (usually flax) and do just as well. It is quick to fix and I like the blueberries still frozen--is a real taste satisfier and keeps me close to 300 calories and leaves me more for the rest of the day.:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    I typically have either strawberries, blueberries or raspberries....
    what other fruit would you recommend?

I'd actually add those to a whole grain cereal/oats.
  • I have a smoothie of whey protein, frozen berries, nonfat yogurt, a bit of oj and flax seed (then I burn it off on my bike ride to work).

or

steelcut oatmeal with blueberries with a bit of walnuts.

I eat every few hours though.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    either eggs with spinach and toast no butter but a bit of jam or special k with milk.. (all the appropriate servings) and I also have a dannon light and fit yogurt every morning no matter what i eat
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I read in runners world recently that added more moisture to breakfast can help you feel full longer. I have a prepared package of oatmeal with lowfat yogurt and fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries.)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    I think some of us are "day eaters' just like some people are night snackers. Maybe instead of trying to increase your bfast (which sounds good and balanced), how abt finding time to add a small snack? cheese stick, granola bar, and/or some tea for 1.5-2hrs after bfast?

I am hungry all day but then I eat dinner at 5pm and I'm done til bfast 14 hours later. I think some of us are just wired this way.
  • I have made this the night before and it's great for breakfast.

Southwest burrito Wrap up 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained; 1/4 cup diced tomato; 1/4 cup shredded 2 percent cheddar; 1 scrambled egg; and 3 tbsp salsa in a 7-inch whole-wheat tortilla.
    397.7 calories per serving, 16.9 g fat (6.1 g saturated), 40.5 g carbs, 5.5 g fiber, 22.6 g protein
This discussion has been closed.