GRRR it's so irritating

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Communication is important. Calmly explain that you were upset that all the time and money was wasted. Give him a chance to apologize and once he's more aware of the situation and your feelings regarding it, the likelihood of a repeat is reduced.
  • dcsump2
    dcsump2 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'd give him a chance to not waste money, as well as your time and thoughtfulness. But if he does it again, you know what doesn't spoil in a car? A box of cereal. Send his *kitten* to work with some Cheerios and watch how fast he appreciates the nice meals you fix him.

LMFAO!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Egg salad sandwich. evillaugh.gif
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    All he gets next time is PB & J.
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a stay at home ...fiance, he should make his own lunch. My wife stays home and I still usually make my own. That said, it is possible he forgot, but it's still really messed up that he forgot with such a nice lunch. There are days we get to work and discover we need to go out for a business lunch. If my wife does make me lunch on one of those days, I keep my mouth shut and leave it in the office fridge for an extra day.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    -piece of bread
    -unopened can of tuna
    -another piece of bread
    -can opener
    -note with a middle finger

I'm a guy, but I would have a very low tolerance for that.

Or... husband and wife lunch making hour before bed. The wife and I make our own lunches the night before so we can sleep longer. That and we don't forget to make lunch and have to buy something the next day or not have time to make it in the morning. And it's quality time which is the "winning" part of the whole deal.

God help me I just used winning.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm with the brony, cut him a little slack but do explain to him why you're angry. Men are stupid sometimes regarding women's feelings. Perhaps he really has no idea what he did. :)
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make his lunch anymore, honestly.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The only times my fiance and I eat the same meals are on the weekends. We each have a separate food budget. I got sick of him being so picky and wasteful. Maybe things will change once I'm not in school and have more time for meal planning, but I don't have time for nonsense like this. This story right here reminds me of something my fiance would do :explode:
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    My suggestions is he should make his own lunches. He's not in elementary school.
    I know, right?! Who broke his thumbs?

But seriously, I don't blame you for being pissed, because flat out, he *asked* you to make him lunch. HE asked YOU. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker in your relationship or anything, but still - I was serious before - he should get one more chance, and if he botches it again, he's on his own for lunches.
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend brings his lunch in a little cooler... he is typically at job sites so a fridge is rarely an option. Have him invest in one of those and a cold pack.... or as a previous posted suggested... cereal.... :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I just have to get this out I'm so pissed about it even though in the grand scheme I know it's not a huge deal. Fiance wants me to make his lunches so he can save money. I worked my butt off last night and made him two very yummy very healthy steak and veggie enchiladas. I told him to take one of them to work since they were so big. So I call him to see how they are and he says he is at a business lunch so he spent money at that. So I said bring them home you can have them for dinner. He says he can't he left them in the hot car so they are not good. I said ok well you have the other one at home right. no he took both of them. I am pissed because I buy the grocery's and he just wasted my money and all the time it took me to cook them, just to take both with him like I told him not too and just leaves them in the car so he can't even eat them later. This is all after he asks me to make his lunches so he can eat better and save money. I didn't reply because I was so mad about it I knew I would just overreact. So I came here to vent to you guys and ask..............any lunch suggestions that can sit in the car and still be fine, because he won't be getting anything he can waste for a long time. Thanks for the vent and any suggestions you have.
    aahhhh feeling better already, glad I didnt' get amp at him.

Get him a cooler bag and put an ice pack in it to keep it cool.
  • ArtsyGeekette
    ArtsyGeekette Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My vote goes for packing lunches in a Cooler with reusable cooling packs and every time he doesn't eat his lunch, find a large jar for him to put $5 in as a punishment method. The accumulated money then goes into a Savings account named "Alms for Wasted Noms."

Or use the money as a buffer for groceries! If he has a smartphone, have him set up a reminder to take lunch and to eat his lunch or pony up.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    He is a big boy and can make his own lunches from now on......and you can send me some enchiladas....I will sooooooo appreciate them :smile:
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely give him another chance. Buy him a cooler and ice pack and pack his lunch in that.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    And why can't he make his own lunches?! Even children can do that.

he does things for me that I don't like to do, and he hates making food so I do that for him, it's a compromise but I'll be damned if that compromise is going to waste my time and money.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am pissed because I buy the grocery's and he just wasted my money and all the time it took me to cook them,

Hand him the bill. Seriously, what he did was completely inconsiderate.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Please send all future steak and veggie enchiladas to me. They will be appreciated.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are not his momma and to make his own da## lunch!! Oh, and remind him to clean the kitchen up when he's done!
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    My suggestions is he should make his own lunches. He's not in elementary school.

Agree!! Get him a small cooler with an ice pack and say "Here ya go!"