Rest Days - Do You Actually Rest?

Options
2»

Replies

• vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I also find it really hard to truly rest. I'll do a light cardio, abs and yoga or an easy 3 miles. This week is especially hard because I am doing a Tough Mudder on Saturday and trying not to go balls to the wall as I usually do. I'm gonna go mad! lol
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    On rest days YES I know I absolutely rest out side of getting groceries and walking in the stores or light stuff like that. I do cardio and lift weights everyday all work week and by the end of the week I am sore every where. My CNS is tired, and my joints are tired. Takes me 2-3 days to fully recover and then I repeat the cycle of pain. The addicting part is that it makes me feel very good afterwards and along with seeing results makes it super addicting and worth while but in order to keep it up I need that rest time.

Edit: I have had tendonitis x2 once in each elbow from over doing things so I learned right ways more is not necessarily better as your body can only take so much beating.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've had streaks of working out like 30 days in a row and stuff like that, but usually I take 1 or 2 rest days a week. I think it depends on the intensity of your workouts. If you're giving it 110% every day, it's probably better to rest sometimes. If you're giving it 60% every day, you may not need to take a whole day off.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I rest on my workout days and workout on my rest days.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    My rest day falls on Sundays. I do no exercise but we go to church. Does that count as a rest? :laugh:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Not really. On my off days I just do cardio since it's so easy. On weekends I'm usually doing some sort of work on the house/cars/yard so I guess it's fairly rare to have a true do-nothing day.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I make them busy rest days, go for a walk or something like that. Mostly because I like to eat and the more I move, the more I can eat.