Hello! I am a newbie. :)

Options
I just have to say, a friend recommended this site and not a minute to soon! I love it. I am very very excited to start my "change of life" and getting myself back to healthy. I need to loose about a 100 would be AAAWesome. I am 2 weeks in an not doing to shabby! I am unsure how the add people thing works, but would love to have that extra support to recieve and give! :-D

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • joeib1
    joeib1 Posts: 3
    Options
    HI Newbie,so am I...I would love to help you reach your goal,anything I can do just let me know...I'm trying to cut the sugars out of my diet yet with juicing i'm finding this so hard. Any suggestions?

Joeib1:smile:
  • taeson3055
    taeson3055 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Me too :-)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina,
    I too am a newbie! Even newer than you - I just started yesterday..... after a very depressing weigh in at my work's biggest loser challenge. I am 29 years old, 5 feet tall and weigh 187 lbs. I would like yo lose 37 lbs so my goal weight is about 150 lbs. I *think* the way you add a friend is to search for them and then you get the option of adding as a friend or sending them a message.
  • FunMomof2
    FunMomof2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome Newbie!! And welcome to you ladies who have already commented. I've only been on here for 1 week, but I had made a healthy lifestyle change in the fall of 2009 and I had lost 80lbs. I had gained 10lbs over the passed year and thought why have I not lost anymore pounds. Well for 1 I stopped exercising Sept. 2010 and definitely feel a difference. So my boyfriend joined MFP about a month ago being a new diabetic, well thanks to him I feel inspired again and joined for us to encourage each other.
    YOU ALL CAN DO IT!!! If I did 80lbs orginially I can lose the last 40lbs and so can you ladies. I noticed when I see all what I have eaten in black and white it is amazing how wrong I was eating. I joined a gym last week as well and lost 1.5lbs already!!!
    So have faith in God and he will help quide you as he has done for my boyfriend and myself.
  • 2befit2
    2befit2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome i'm kinda a newbie 2, you can add me as a friend :smile:
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome

This really is a great site and the concept is so simple that it makes you wonder why anyone bothers with any fad diets when simple calorie counting will do.

This is my second time around, lost nearly 2 stone last time but then had a baby so more or less back to square one but I know I'll do it.

Good luck and hopefully we can motivate each other.

xx
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To add a friend just click on the persons name then add friend
  • claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck - this site has changed my life!! you wont be dissapointed, please feel free to add me :)
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    WOW! Love the support. I added friends, but uhm... what do I do from there? lol Please be kind to this newbie. :happy:

I do have to say one thing I have a HUGE issue with is....... excerise. BLAH. I hate it and I won't lie. I know it does a body good, and
    I do struggle with that everyday. I know I got this.. it's a tough road, but I think support is everything!
  • trinawynne75052
    Options
    You will find this website very resouceful & helpful. Glad you join. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina!! I've been using MFP for a few months and I still feel like a newb. Lol! There's tons of support on here :D
  • Veerobillard
    Options
    Welcome Tina....this system will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. This works. I've been at it since March 7th, I've lost close to 35 pounds so far.
  • wilkerson
    wilkerson Posts: 26
    Options
    welcome, this is a great site and it seems you are off to a great start. its great to have the encouragment and support on here, i get aggervated with exercise sometimes, but just remember it really helps. try starting off slow and build on it from there, and try to do things you enjoy, it makes it easier. best of luck, feel free to add me if you like.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I totally hate exercise too! I will NEVER like it but I do accept it. I have found that if I schedule it in the same way I would a dr. appt or dinner out with friends, then it's easier to actually do it. You only need discipline until you form a habit so if you can exercise on the same days and at the same times each week, it will become a habit just like brushing your teeth. :bigsmile:

That's where I am now. I've formed the habit so I automatically change into my workout clothes and just get it done. I do make sure to do different workouts and utilize different intensity so I can continue to challenge myself but keeping the same days/times makes it easier for me to do it more consistently.

Feel free to add me (anyone) if you want a cheerleader.
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

I have lost 15 pounds so far.. I still have like 60 to go.
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    :smile: Awesome and congrats!! Adding.
  • alimarieban
    alimarieban Posts: 141
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not so new, but I am on pretty much daily and can help keep you motivated! Or at least try!! :-)