125 Days, 25 pounds and 2 sizes!!!!

Options
zclark13
zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
I finally HAD to go shopping. Everything was falling off and I looked like a NERD pulling my pants up all the time!

But, at the same time I dreaded it. What if my inches lost didn't translate to the clothing rack? I haven't lost that many inches, compared to the weight. What if my clothes had finally lost their elastic bounce back? I HATE shopping, it's always such a depressing disappointment.

I bit the bullet today, it was getting ridiculous. I went to Kohl's...my favorite! Started looking for an 18 instead of my usual 18W or 20. Found a couple that were cute and didn't have too much elastic and headed for the dressing room.

Once in, I slid my pants to the floor, took a new pair off the hanger and turned away from the mirror.

They didn't fit...

They were too BIG!!!!!!!!!! I turned back towards the mirror: baggy butt, and at least an inch to big around the waist. Was it possible? Could I possibly fit in a size 16? Tried on a couple of tops in XL instead of 2XL, they were good, but not a big as the pants.

Because I didn't take anyone with me (I was scared to!) I put on my old clothes and went back out to see what I could find! I ended up with 3 new pairs of pants in a 16 and some new tops from the Misses section, not the Women's!!!!!

This is the BEST NSV yet! For some reason it makes the 25 pounds seem more real...more tangible. What motivation! Not that I've lost it yet, I like the way I look (most days!), I feel better and have more energy. But this just reinforces my journey!

Couldn't buy too much, unfortunately the lost weight hasn't resulted in an increased income! And I'm still a ways from my ultimate goal. We're going to Florida the end of June and I would like to get some more then...maybe in a 14? Dare I dream?

Thanks, MFP for making this sooo easy!

Replies

• bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Amazing work! Sounds like a great day. Keep up the great work.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Congratulations, it must have felt wonderful slipping into smaller clothes! :flowerforyou:
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've worked hard to get the weight off and you are reaping the rewards. I'll bet you can make it into size 14s by June. Good luck!
  • SummerAlaina
    SummerAlaina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job, I can't wait to have these kinds of victories.
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Shopping NSV's are the best!! Congratulations!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yes - you CAN! But you don't need to 'dream' a size 14 - MAKE IT your REALITY! You GO Girl! Well Done!
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful! I'm very happy for you!
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    Horrayyy for you..........what a wonderful feeling it is. Funny how something so small (or smaller size) motivates us so. Thanks for sharing.
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR YOU

:d
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great WORK!! You'll reach your goal in no time!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Wear you new smaller size clothing proudly, you earned them!

karen
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    I LOVE this! I can just imagine you in the dressing roo, giddy as a school girl to find that 16s fit!

Thanks for sharing and continued success on your journey! You can do it!
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!!!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what an amazing feeling!
  • mandyP79
    mandyP79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    congratulations! :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I can't imagine having pants fall off. That must feel SO GOOD!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you....what a great feeling! Keep up the good work...you can meet all of your goals, I know it! :smile:
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done to u, u r doing brilliantly, keep up the good work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!