I need some help :(

Options
So I have lost 30 lbs and I was doing great, but the stresses of my life have been pushing me off of my plan I have gained 3-4 pounds and I feel horrible, I know that might not seem like much weight but I'm only 5'4 so its a big deal for me. I don't have much support from anyone and I'm looking for some motivation. I currently weigh 124 and my goal is to get down to 115. Just need some motivation

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• willot0722
    willot0722 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Five years ago, I was losing weight. I was at my lowest ever as an adult. Over my anniversary weekend, I gained 8 pounds, and I became very discouraged and went off my diet. In the year after that, I gained 90 pounds. Honestly- because of that one bad weekend. It's one of the biggest regrets of my life.

Don't let a few bad days let you lose sight of your goal. It's so easy to slip back into old, bad habits. But is that what you want for yourself? Keep going, girl. You can do it!
  • jempax
    jempax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? It could be muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. But what willot0722 said was spot-on...I mean SPOT-ON!!! Get yourself up, dust yourself off and move on with the program because these "little" mishaps will break us if we ALLOW them to. I just restarted with MSP last week...I went 8 days without eating any meat and then. BAM, last night you'd think I ate a whole cow while out having dinner with a friend. Today, I recovered myself and I'm fasting...I'll get out on my bike while the rain has stopped as well. You'll be fine. May God give you strength to carry through as well as His peace.

Jempax
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    You CAN do this! If you want some encouragement, feel free to add me!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    sweat it out my dear...nothing beats stress like a wicked work out. once you have a good burn, you'll WANT to be back on the wagon because you don't want to bust your *kitten* just to ruin it by eating crap
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    we all need to indulge once in while and there's no harm in that. We just have to remember it was a slip, and move on. get back on track, and don't let the slips keep you down!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I do not know what the stresses of your life are, but typically all sorts of stress are reduced by exercise. For myself, I find that if I can connect- almost like a mantra, the best choice response to the stress, then I can be successful. So, it could be as simple as "stress= ex". Feeling stressed = time to exercise. Breathe... everything is clearer and easier to deal with when we are eating healthy, drinking water, exercising. You can do it.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i know all too well how you feel but one thing is for sure and two for certain. YOU CAN DO THIS! You have done it before so you know its possible. there will be times when you don't want to work out, and times when you dont want to eat "right" but as sure as water is wet you will want to look good and feel bettter. so start with a positive mind, forgive yourself for gaining and start over. you will be fine and at goal in no time.

be well and stay motivatied!
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    how many calories are u consuming? what types of foods are you eating? what are you doing for exercise?
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Going to weigh in with the obvious, but try to identify and address the underlying sources of stress as well. Exercise is a productive response to stress, but it'd be healthier if life wasn't causing you as much stress to begin with... it's not realistic to live completely stress-free, but you do deserve to have lower stress.

Really, though, everyone slips up and gains a few pounds. If you're noticing and putting yourself on track after only 3-4lbs, you're doing well. Good luck!
  • missmonster17
    missmonster17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!, I do exercise everyday a walk in the morning and I hit the gym at night, an hour of cardio and then some weights but lately I've been slacking and eating junk like candy. I usually eat 1200 calories and low carb because I have pcos. I just need to get back to it! :)