4 months off Soda and Chocolate

Options
larkiedeek
larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
Today marks 4 months off Chocolate and Soda. I have lost about 20lbs. :blushing:

Although I have been eating pretty well I have went completely off these and only had 1 day of alcohol in this time.

My weight loss seems to have stopped but my BodyFat % is dropping.

Anyone who is looking for somewhere to start, give it a try. Go completely cold-turkey. The first week is the hardest then enjoy the changes on the scale.

I want to do 200 days so I have some way to go but I think I can do it!

Replies

• jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great work! It seems so innocent a change, but those are meaningful results. Very inspirational - especially to us chocoholics!
  • SexyFatMomma
    SexyFatMomma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Giving up soda would be easy, but chocolate? oh boy! But maybe worth a shot. Congrats to you!
  • larkiedeek
    Options
    There are days I feel I could lick the floor for the tase of chocolate. Even now just writing about it makes me miss it even more.

I worked out my loss equates to about 13kg of chocolate (in calorie terms).

You would think going off the Alcohol would be the hard part but Chocolate is much harder to give up!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Even chocolate pudding. Oh the humanity.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That's great! I've 'given up' soda too. I went 4 months but had one Sierra mist on vacation they literally didn't have anything else and forgot my bottle. But 1 in 5 months isn't bad when I drank one at least a day before.

Keep it up, you can do it!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats I don't drink soda but chocolate and sweets are my drug lol but I've being good wish I can do that to keep it up
  • itsalwaysphelan
    Options
    Good job! I haven't had soda in 4ish years. The first week or so was really hard, but then it got really easy. About a month in I would have dreams of me gulping down soda then immediately going, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!". But nowadays I can't even remember what soda tastes like, so it's pretty nice.
  • larkiedeek
    Options
    That's great! I've 'given up' soda too. I went 4 months but had one Sierra mist on vacation they literally didn't have anything else and forgot my bottle. But 1 in 5 months isn't bad when I drank one at least a day before.

Keep it up, you can do it!

Hope we both can keep it up. :drinker:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today marks 4 months off Chocolate and Soda. I have lost about 20lbs. :blushing:

Although I have been eating pretty well I have went completely off these and only had 1 day of alcohol in this time.

My weight loss seems to have stopped but my BodyFat % is dropping.

Anyone who is looking for somewhere to start, give it a try. Go completely cold-turkey. The first week is the hardest then enjoy the changes on the scale.

I want to do 200 days so I have some way to go but I think I can do it!

good for you!! i've been completely off soda and almost completely off chocolate for a month now. i'm feeling better and my clothes are definitely fitting better. i hope i can make this a long term thing, too.

funny....i NEVER used to drink carbonated beverages, but since moving to the south, the heat has triggered me to want to quench my thirst with something bubbly.
  • Avasko
    Avasko Posts: 8
    Options
    Soda wa the tough one for me! It's all I used to drink. I NEVER had water - just soda. I stopped drinking it for TWO WEEKS and lost 6 pounds. It was so hard to give up since I was a total sugar/caffeine addict, but my quality of life is so much better now. Good for you! Giving it up is an accomplishment to be proud of!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Chocolate is the reason I haven't been able to lose weight. :sad: I'm also trying to cut it out as much as possible. Three days cold turkey now... lol
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    oooooh i really need to do this!!! My bf gave up soda and i only drink it every now and then but chocolate??? tough stuff! I'm very inspired tho!!
  • Trina2103
    Trina2103 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration!
  • larkiedeek
    Options
    oooooh i really need to do this!!! My bf gave up soda and i only drink it every now and then but chocolate??? tough stuff! I'm very inspired tho!!

Give it a go. Everyone is different. For me the soda was easy. I used it as a mixer with JD and the odd 500ml bottle during the day.

The alcohol took a bit of will power to stay off. The chocolate has been BRUTAL.

The thing for me has been staying off it has made me think about my diet over all. I think when I drank I tended to add in unhealthy snacks. Kind of a double whammy.

A bar of chocolate at work was always easy as I have a very sweet tooth.

My fridge has now been stocked with grapes and other fruit now. They give me my sugar hit I crave but I think even that has been dropping.

I don't really think the "moderation" thing worked for me. Being off it all is a constant reminder to stay focused on everything.

I do have to admit that it does get a bit depressing at times. I'm sure chocolate makes you happy. :sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!