Mom new to MFP :)

Options
Hi all. I've had a lot of friends rave about MFP and decided to give it a try. I'm 28, married, have a 2 year old son and a 7 week old daughter. I've been over weight most of my life but really ballooned before getting pregnant with my son. After having him I joined Weight Watchers and was pretty successful for a while. Eventually I plateaued which is where I was when I got the surprise that I was pregnant again. I put on a lot of weight and am back to where I was before my son. My husband also put on some "pregnancy weight" so we're both wanting to lose again. I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I have added in the calories for that. I haven't officially "started" yet since our house is full of mostly junk. But I'd like to start menu planning again this week and hopefully do a grocery shopping trip this weekend alone so I can actually spend time figuring out what we need.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'd love some buddies for support and accountability. Glad to be here! :D

Oh I forgot to add, I'm wanting to lose at least about 70lbs. That doesn't quite put me in my target BMI, but I plan to re-evaluate when I get there. I'm ok with a little extra weight, just not this much.

Replies

• Avasko
    Avasko Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 22 and have a 7 week-old daughter and am exclusively breastfeeding, too! How did you add in calories for that? I can't figure out how. I gained 30 pounds of pregnancy weight, but have dropped 20 already. My goal from here is to lose 30 more to be where I would ideally like to be. Add me - I'd love to support you and get your support in return :-)
  • jensong84
    jensong84 Posts: 16
    Options
    I didn't see anywhere to do that, so I just switched it from wanting to lose 2lbs/wk to wanting to lose 1lb/wk. That added back the approximate 500 calories for me.

Congrats on your baby girl!
  • Avasko
    Avasko Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations to you, as well!
  • crystal82dawn
    crystal82dawn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also am new. Good luck. I am 28 and have 2 kids. I did weight watch lost 45lb gain it back over the last 4 years and then more. So I am looking to loss my husband gain also but is having better luck losing it:)
  • ashlog11
    ashlog11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 30 with 2 kids. They are a little older 3 and 6, but I still need to lose about 20lbs... I have been watching my calories as well as going to the gym. I just started Jillian's 30Day Shred yesterday and I am excited to see what the results will be. Congrats to all the new Mommies!
  • apreslar27
    apreslar27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add in breastfeeding as a food. It will subtract calories instead of add them. You can search it as a food and a bunch of options will come up! Good luck and keep drinking that water so your supply will stay!
  • jensong84
    jensong84 Posts: 16
    Options
    ashlog11 my sister has been doing Jillian's 30 day shred and she says she loves it. Good luck to you with that!

apreslar27 thank you so much! I'd much rather do it the proper way. :D