Sharing Food Logs

Options
Do people share there food diary on fitness pal?

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Some do, some don't.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    how do i do it/
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    From your home page, click "Settings" and then "Diary settings" and you can set it under "Diary sharing."
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Yep some do ,some don't, its a personal choice..i personally couldn't give a crap what people think about my eating habits LOL, so mine is open.
    how do i do it/

Go to "My home"..."settings"..."diary settings"
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    how do i do it/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

the sharing options are at the bottom.
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've decided to keep it open because I did it motivates me to eat a little better :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't open to the public, but it's open to my MFP friends.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I started out NOT sharing, but now I do and I find it holds me more accountable. My friends comment, offer suggestions for improvement, and KNOW when I've had a bad day of emotional eating! BUT...having it open has REDUCED the emotional eating, because now that I"m in the habit of logging everything, when I remember I am logging it as I'm about to eat it, I POST something...and the wonderful supportive responses I get help me to REDUCE the junk.
    It took me a while, but I genuinely log EVERYTHING.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to friends because ...

1> They're good people... they motivate. No rude comments, only support.

2> I'm nosey & like to see what others are eating so it's only fair I do so in return.

3> To show people who feel hopeless & that they can never do this because they feel they have to give up all the goodies & junk in the world to get anywhere.... ARE TOTALLY F***ING WRONG!!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just have mine open to friends. I don't actually care what people think about my eating habits in general, but if I reply to something in the forum, I don't want everyone and their mother to be able to use my diary as ammunition in a fight.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I have mine open and my MFP friends are great about congratulating me when I do good, suggesting ideas for improving it and sometimes just teasing me about my food/drink choices… it’s always in good fun. ;)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Only with MFP friends... I've seen a few people comment on food diaries and their comments were not very nice... :frown: (Just saying a few... most comments are helpful!)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to my MFP friends as well - and they have been nothing but incredibly supportive and I love reading theirs. Helps give me ideas because I get bored with my foods.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mines open - it doesn't bother me if anyone looks through and would welcome any comments good or bad x friend me if you want the same x
  • skinnyjay12
    skinnyjay12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree - we have a wee "team" of us and we can view each other diaries - we offer praise to each other (if deserved!!) and also kick their arses (if deserved!!) lol - its good to keep track on what your eating and we nick each others ideas too - you get bored with the same stuff at times xx
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    thank you ive opened mine. im still a learner here.
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    My diary is open.

I've been REALLY bad lately. Comfort eater with chocolate in the house... Not a pretty sight! (And I'm too tired to maintain at the moment - yes, fallen off the wagon and need to sort myself out.)

I learn from other people's diaries whether I think they are making good decisions or not such clever decisions. It's all about choices and I learn by choices of others. I'm grateful to those who share.

Things that I've picked up so far:
    prawns are 'cheap'

courgette
    mushroom
    red onion
    splash of balsamic vinegar to marinade for a few hours...
    This makes a good salad!

cauliflower
    broccoli
    carrots
    All cheap!

baby potatoes are easier to portion

there's a wide variety of breads out there and it's really worth looking at the calories of each

ice-cream is expensive!
    I have NO idea why nuts are recommended as a good snack... Theyre not very filling and very expensive.

I owe this to people who have open diaries! Thanks peeps!
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    mine is open to my friends. I think it keeps me accountable, and I can get ideas from others on what they are eating....and be like, oh man thats a great snack, im going to use that.'
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Most of my MFP pals diaries are open - I love to see what they are eating especially my friends from abroad - seeing the different foods - and trying to work out what some of them are. We are totally honest on both good and bad days, we comment if we think others are not eating enough - asking if things are ok etc and congratulating on really good good days.
    This week I have tried Almond Milk just from seeing it in 2 friends diaries - lovely on my bran flakes- so tasty (on offer at Tesco too):smile: