help me please.

Options
I'm hungry! It's only around 10:30 and I've already used up 600 calories. I'm walking around the house, cleaning and all I can think of is the box of Junior Caramels in my mom's room. I can't just have the one serving I'd eat the whole box. I'm having tons of cravings

I'm done some excercise, thorough cleaning and walkinfg my dogs and burned off 200. I've drank 3 cups of water so far. I still feel horrible for thinking about those caramels.

Maybe I'll take the dogs for another walk and drink more water.

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry! It's only around 10:30 and I've already used up 600 calories. I'm walking around the house, cleaning and all I can think of is the box of Junior Caramels in my mom's room. I can't just have the one serving I'd eat the whole box. I'm having tons of cravings

I'm done some excercise, thorough cleaning and walkinfg my dogs and burned off 200. I've drank 3 cups of water so far. I still feel horrible for thinking about those caramels.

Maybe I'll take the dogs for another walk and drink more water.
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    Is there some way I can hinder the cravings? Because speaking from experience...these will be here all day:brokenheart:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I usually eat 75% of my calories before 2pm.
    If you're hungry now have a snack and than early lunch. Eat a lot of vegetables and thy should fill you up.

You can have a nice cup of coffee and a peanut butter sandwich now(almost like a cookie for me :wink: ) and then take the dog for a walk.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    If you weren't living at home, I would say throw the box away. You can ask your mom to help you by hiding the candy or throwing it away. I find strenuous activity helps me the most. Jumping jacks until your tired kind of thing.

Also, if you give up something for 2 weeks (sugar, fried food, etc), your cravings will decrease dramatically. They will never go away though - says the ex-smoker.:bigsmile:
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    Thanks. I'm talking my hellhounds for a walk now.

PS: Hellhounds is a pet name for my terriers of DOOM (it's funny because collectively the two of them only wiegh about 30 pounds
  • Violet1980
    Options

PS: Hellhounds is a pet name for my terriers of DOOM (it's funny because collectively the two of them only wiegh about 30 pounds

Good luck. Hang in there. I am hating myself because I was doing well for 2 straight weeks. Then yesterday I went to a crawfish boil and ate so freaking much. Like 2500 calories! I am back on the wagon today, tho. Be strong.
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    What did you have for breakfast... that may be where your problem started... often when it comes to dieting it's about quality as much as quantity

Jenn
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    Options
    snack on vegetables they are little or no calories. friut is good to.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    my daughter always asks me to throw things away or hide them, mind you she usually finds them again. Try to think of something to replace what you're craving. If its chocolate maybe some chocolate covered granola bar or low fat chocolate pudding etc.

Or fill the time with exercise like you are, that's good too and lots of water.

Good luck!
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    What did you have for breakfast... that may be where your problem started... often when it comes to dieting it's about quality as much as quantity

Jenn

I tried something new and I'll never do it again. (as a breakfast) I put a half cup of strawberries and half a banana ( I really don't like banana) and some skim milk in a blender and made a strawberry banana milkshake thing for brakfast. I wasn't enough plus I felt wierd drinking my breakfast instead of eating it.
  • DBranchaud
    Options

Good luck. Hang in there. I am hating myself because I was doing well for 2 straight weeks. Then yesterday I went to a crawfish boil and ate so freaking much. Like 2500 calories! I am back on the wagon today, tho. Be strong.
    I know how you feel. I want to be really extra good this week because one of my friend is having a party on saturday and I want to be able to eat whatever they give me (most likely pizza) and not feel horribly guilty.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mary - your sugar cravings will disappear after a few days of eating no sugar. You could also try adding protein to your breakfast, which will keep you satisfied longer.

You could also try the supplement "Chromium" which reduces sugar cravings (check out your local "GNC"). Cinnamon is also a blood sugar stablizer, so if I am having cravings, I slice an apple into really thin slices, and then sprinkle it with lots of cinnamon. Good luck!
    :flowerforyou: