What foods do you eat to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    starkist tuna pouches in water for lunch with multigrain crackers and raw veg. I do sweet potatoes instead of white when baking. I put lots of sauted squash, onion and zucchini plus a little spagetti noodles with spagetti sauce to decrease carbs. I did adjust my protein goal up a little bit in my numbers to 20% ( I think ) instead of 15% . I snack on almonds. I cannot do cheese, but if I drink almond milk which is high in protien, low in calories so that with a fiber one bar is pretty low cal snack. I do hommus with carrots or celery. Reduced fat peanut butter and an apple or rice cake.
    Sometimes my fat is a little higher than 30%, but not related to saturated and I keep the calories in check. I watch the pie charts of daily nutrients very closely. I also take a multivitamin.
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nonfat yogurt! Studies have shown that having 3 servings a day burns belly fat. It's a delicious way for me to bust that gut!

Can you cite the studies please?
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I cut out gluten and it changed my life.

No more bloat
    No more gas
    No more puffy tummy
    No more fatigue and sore muscles
    No more foggy head
    No more depression.

Then I had surgery and went back to eating gluten foods cause my husband was cooking. And ALL those symptoms came back. So I got rid of gluten and in 3 days, the symptoms were gone. I feel great.
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    Nonfat yogurt! Studies have shown that having 3 servings a day burns belly fat. It's a delicious way for me to bust that gut!

Can you cite the studies please?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/459172-can-dairy-help-you-absorb-less-fat?hl=danish+dairy+calcium#posts-7713388

citations at the end of post
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For some reason I seem to drop after eating Salmon.

Not sure why but the next day I always weigh less. Must be something in it?

Never ate fish untill I started to eat cleaner. Now have it at least once per week.

Cmoan the fish!:bigsmile:
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    I eat
    Spinach
    Chicken
    Lean Turkey
    Black Beans
    Salmon
    Peanut Butter "Natural"
    Cottage Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Lot's of Water
    Almonds
    Raw Oats
    Green TEA!!!!

I bought all this today along with
    Almond milk
    Organic eggs
    Flaxseed
    Honey
    Tuna in water
    Go kashi lean
    Whole grain bread, tortillas, and bagels
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm on the BodyByVi 90 Day Challenge so I have 2 meal replacement shakes a day (made with fresh fruit usually) and for my supper I'm eating alot of protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains... eating 3 snacks a day also of either almonds, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, tuna, fruit, sliced up veggies, etc. I also drink half my weight (in oz) of water a day and that's helping alot in the last 2 weeks especially!
  • jeannie1953
    Options
    If you like bread. You will love poppers. You buy them in Sobey's Grocery Store. They have 19 calories and 4 carbs per popper. Kind of tastes like a cracker. It looks like a bowl. You can break it off and dip it in hummus. I put lettuce, chicken breast and tomatos in one today, instead of making a sandwich. Also can make a taco, Endless possiblities for very few calories. Sometimes I just break one up and have it for a snack. You could fill it with tuna or put salsa in it with cheese. Like I said... endless possibilities.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had been on a 3 month plateau. I started eating no added sugar foods (i.e. chocolate, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc). Less than a week later I was out of my plateau, Have you tried something like this?
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Lean Protien Powders, PB2, Turkey Burgers
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese or fiber one 90 calories bar.
    I've busted through a few plateaus over the last nine months, mostly by completely changing things up adding new exercise or just significantly upping or lowering my calories.
    Add me if you want, my diary is open to friends!
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    Where people lose fat is dependent upon their genetics. Everyone is different. There is no such thing as "spot reducing." If you carry a lot of fat around the belly (which a lot of people do), then you are probably going to see a difference in that area once you begin a weight loss program.

What the referenced studies show, is that dairy calcium helps the body excrete more fat. The OP asked what foods help to lose weight, and dairy calcium can definitely help your body excrete fat, rather than hold on to it.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I had gained 6 pounds last month, then for the last 2 weeks I re-lost them. Thank goodness! I am steadily losing about .5 pounds a day. I really hope this momentum keeps up.
    What helped me:
    * I was super diligent with my calorie counts (1600 cal diet) and no...I didn't eat my calories back. It just doesn't work for me. If I am hungry, I eat a little more. Its simple as that.
    * I watched my carbs, I try to eat them before a gym session.
    * My normal burn was around 800-1000 HRM cals at the gym everyday. These past 2 weeks, I kicked it up to 900-1400 HRM calories burned everyday. Averaging around 1100-1200. If I'm not sore... I'm not doing enough.
    *I stopped snacking as much, most of the time its fruit or fat free type stuff.

Hopefully that helps :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!