Tattoo Fail

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Sadly, this isn't the worst tattoo fail I've seen....

Um, I didn't say it was the worst, but it is a fail.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    That would bother me to the point where I would chew my own leg off.

Too Funny! :laugh:

As someone with OCD, I totally agree.
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    That is HIS fault. The wearer, not the artist. If I ever decided to have script (I wouldn't) I KNOW it's MY responsibility to double(triple!) check the spelling of everything.

As usual, Brett is right. At this point, amputation is the only answer.

I do agree with you that it is the wearer's responsibility to double check everything. In some cases though.... The spelling is right, and the aritst just gets it wrong.

In my case it was my sons name. He had left out the "T". I noticed it right away, and I started crying. He fixed it, and no one can tell.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There's no way to get an H in there... He should have been paying attention. Poor guy. I'd go get my money back
    You can't get your money back because of buyer's remorse or failure to proofread it. Every time I get new ink, I check the stencil for perfect placement multiple times before committing to it. Granted, the tattoo artist should use spell check, but a lot of times these stencils aren't printed in Microsoft Word - the lettering is hand-designed, letter-by-letter and it is easy to forget a letter here and there. Still... if you're getting words put on your body (something I've never done), bring a spell-checked version with you to compare.
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh not good, it would bother me a lot. But on the bright side, unless you're really paying attention and are a spelling fanatic (as I am), most people probably won't even notice the H missing.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you that it is the wearer's responsibility to double check everything. In some cases though.... The spelling is right, and the aritst just gets it wrong.

In my case it was my sons name. He had left out the "T". I noticed it right away, and I started crying. He fixed it, and no one can tell.
    Did he not stencil the design on first? Was he doing it freehand?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Oh not good, it would bother me a lot. But on the bright side, unless you're really paying attention and are a spelling fanatic (as I am), most people probably won't even notice the H missing.

Most of the people who posted on his FB wall where the photo is noticed it immediately sadly... I feel sorry for him, but he really seems not to care much.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Most people may not notice it until it's pointed out. Still, it can't be as bad as this:

TattooFail7.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Most people may not notice it until it's pointed out. Still, it can't be as bad as this:

TattooFail7.jpg

ZZOMG! That's horrific.
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    I got script tattooed on my ribs. But mine's spelled right.
    When you're getting script, the artist has YOU type it out, tells you to check it multiple times, and tells you that they cannot say if you spelled something wrong. That is your responsibility.
    Silly silly people.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When you're getting script, the artist has YOU type it out, tells you to check it multiple times, and tells you that they cannot say if you spelled something wrong. That is your responsibility.
    Silly silly people.

Not all artists work that way. My artist, Jo Lynch at Needles, Ink in Cheyenne, Wyoming, does a lot of custom scripts that fonts don't exist for. she hand-draws each letter and each flourish. Sometimes people want a specific, computerized font, but a lot of people want something totally custom. Plus, when you have it custom done, the letters flow together well, when computerized fonts have pre-set kerning that can only be subtly adjusted.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this and before you get tattooed (here anyway) you sign a waiver of liability stating that the tattoo artist is NOT responsible for spelling errors.

Pants for life for your friend!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That would bother me to the point where I would chew my own leg off.

LOL!!!!! Me too. I'm so picky...when the artist did my tattoo in memory of my grandmother ( vines, cross, stardust and stars in my pics) I designed it and brought it in. I had little stars * after each of her initials...He forgot one.....luckily I saw it before we left..lol..and I had him go back and add one in where he forgot. It would have driven me bonkers!!!!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Silly silly people.
    Not all artists work that way. My artist, Jo Lynch at Needles, Ink in Cheyenne, Wyoming, does a lot of custom scripts that fonts don't exist for. she hand-draws each letter and each flourish. Sometimes people want a specific, computerized font, but a lot of people want something totally custom. Plus, when you have it custom done, the letters flow together well, when computerized fonts have pre-set kerning that can only be subtly adjusted.
    They still have you check the stencil first, though, right? That's the most important part of this discussion.
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    just have the whole second line removed.........then redone correctly. I know that seems like a lot of work but hey, you wont have to live with it messed up.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    just have the whole second line removed.........then redone correctly. I know that seems like a lot of work but hey, you wont have to live with it messed up.

It's not me. I will pass the info onto him though.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    hide the word in your heart so that won't happen. that is facepalm worthy
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options

TattooFail7.jpg

ZZOMG! That's horrific.
    Oh no, why does she have so many wrinkles and shadows?? I saw an even worse baby pic tattoo. I hate to say it but the poor kid looked like a pit bull!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!!!!!