P90X Works

Options
mommyhof3
mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
For those of you interested or are curious about P90X here are my results after only 2 1/2 weeks:

Starting:
Weight: 214.4
Chest: 44.5
Waist: 41
Hips: 47
Left Thigh: 26
Left Calve: 16.5
Left Arm: 13.5

After 2 1/2 weeks:
Weight: 208.4 Down 6 lbs
Chest: 43 1/2 Down 1"
Waist: 39 Down 2"
Hips: 43.5 Down 3.5"
Thigh: 25.5 Down 1/2"
Calve: 16 Down 1/2"
Arm: 12 1/2 Down 1"

Total weight lost in 2 1/2 weeks 6lbs
Total inches lost 8 1/2"

I don't follow the P90x nutrition guide. I count calories and wear a HRM. I eat back all my exercise calories also.

Replies

• nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome...keep up the good work! Maybe I'll try it sometime!
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I started it just yesterday,,,i am doing the same thing as you..working out.. not following nutrition plan and eating back excercise calories!!

Can you please post some pictures too if your comfortable..?! would love to see them!! :)
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Great results! I have been doing P90X for over a year now and I count my calories, but I didn't see results like that! I was wondering if the nutrition was the factor missing in my regime, but after reading your message, perhaps not! You are an inspiration! Keep up the great work and BRING IT!
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    While I'm not against P90X...I think ANYTHING that has you working out for over an hour/day will work, nutrition plan or not...just sayin.
  • ryoa55
    ryoa55 Posts: 1
    Options
    wow i plan on getting it and trying it soon!
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    P90x works period.

You don't need to fellow their Nutrition plan, but what you do need to do is eat right/cleaner to see the big results.

Remember 80% of P90X result will come from how you eat.

Anyone can lose weight the goal is to lose fat.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    While I'm not against P90X...I think ANYTHING that has you working out for over an hour/day will work, nutrition plan or not...just sayin.

Agreed.

Nutrition will not be a huge factor for most people who are working out that hard. But when you get to stage where you are wanting to get really defined abs and get that final BF% down to get really cut, that is when nutrition REALLY starts to be a HUGE impact. Biggest thing is not under eating, this really hindered me weeks where I thought I was doing well, but as I recently have learned I burn 3500+ calories a day, the 1800+eating back workout wasn't enough. Yesterday I ate 2200+800 workout calories, felt so nice to just eat and be on goal. Woke up today with a big appetite as well. (I just started core circuit trainer w/ personal trainer yesterday). Just really avoid under eating, it will hinder you.
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options

Agree with this as well. I'm in the recovery week of the program. After the first couple of workouts it was immediately apparent to me that there's nothing really magical about it at all. It's muscle confusion and a ton of hard work. Anyone that sticks to the program is bound to (at least initially) lose weight even if you're not strict on the diet.

Over time, however, to continue losing weight you'll have to carefully watch your calorie intake. I've stayed exactly the same weight since my last weigh-in. Not an ounce lost or gained. But I think I've been gaining muscle so this as far as I'm concerned is a win!

***Edited for stupid mistakes!
  • Ofm05
    Options

Agree with this as well. I'm in the recovery week of the program. After the first couple of workouts it was immediately apparent to me that there's nothing really magical about it at all. It's muscle confusion and a ton of hard work. Anyone that sticks to the program is bound to (at least initially) lose weight even if you're not strict on the diet.

Over time, however, to continue to losing weight you'll have to carefully watch your calorie intake. I've stayed exactly the same weight since my last weigh-in. Not an ounce lost or gained. But I think I've been gaining muscle so this as far as I'm considered is a win!

That's P90X for you!

They don't tell you is a weight lost program.
    They make it clear its a get fit program.

You will not drop that much weight doing it.
    But you will burn fat and gain muscle and muscle weighs so don't look at the scale to much.
    Look at your photo's and measurements.

But like i said before if you really want the hardcore result you will need to be strict with your nutrition.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Oh I agree but I am not following the nutrition portion this time around. It is my first run of P90X since 2009 and I just needed to get back into it. When my husband and I are done this round we will be starting again and that is the one that we will follow the nutrition plan.

I posted here to let people know that they can do it and get results. I am not a fit person and I hurt every day but it is amazing. I hate it but I LOVE it :smile:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started p90x April 21st and need some buddies that are doing it too. It's great you are having such awesome results. I'm eating really healthy and but I haven't gotten results yet.
  • Ofm05
    Options
    I just started p90x April 21st and need some buddies that are doing it too. It's great you are having such awesome results. I'm eating really healthy and but I haven't gotten results yet.

Everyone says the result really start to show between day 30-60.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is kind of important to recovering and feeling better between work outs. Just a tip...
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!

I am also doing P90X, I just finished my 122nd day this morning. Thanks to P90X and a non P90X nutrition plan, I've lost about 4" from my waist, 47 lbs, have gone from about 30% body fat to 14.5% body fat, and for the first time have muscle definition in my arms and legs. As soon as I get that last 4.5% off I will be changing my diet into more of a muscle building diet. I can't wait. P90X has changed my whole lifestyle for the better.

You will reach your goals too just keep tracking your diet and as Tony says "keep pressing play, keep pressing play, keep pressing play." I'm happy for you and look forward to hearing you say I made it to my goal, and now I'm gonna keep going. Keep up the great work and congratulations on the success.
  • Laurielronic
    Laurielronic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am doing p90x and I noticed that I was feeling less flabby but the scale refused to show much loss until around week 6. I am in the last 60-90 days and have enjoyed this program. It really does work. I have lost 15.9 pounds so far.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    How slowly dow the fat come off after you start puttin gon muscle....? I am in my recovery week of the first phase and I have lost 5 pounds and I am pretty sure the 5 pounds I lost is SOLELY from my eating better and adding 1-2 hours of walking 3-4 days a week along with the P90x.... Not just from the P90x. I'm not following the nutrition plan macros but I am trying to eat healthy and more proteins and at a deficit to lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!