Jay Leno Review

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Ok, watched his first show, I've never been a huge fan of Leno. He's always been a terrible interviewer and he let his politcial leanings show way too much. With that in mind, here is my review:

Set
It's ok. Nothing to write home about.

Theme Song
I can't remember what is sounded like. Not a good sign

Monologe
Typical Jay stuff. Still invoking the Bush years for laughs.

Sketches
These are usually funny and the ones last night were ok

Interview Segment
The two-chair set up was akward looking. He needs to be behind a desk or at least have a table out there to sit behind. He looked like a little kid in a big chair.

Like any new show, things will ge ironed out and improvede on over time. However, considering that he had 17 years and the same crew with him, he should have hit the ground running. I don't think he did last night.

Discuss.

Replies

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I missed it because SOMEBODY was watching football but I'm eager to see it. I laughed at your chair description I can' imagine Leno without a desk to sit behind! :laugh:

So what was different about this show and his late night show?
  • strongandfit
    Options
    The Leno Obama "Interview" was really funny. :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naCINpsioOE

Here's the clip for those who missed it.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I watched some of it. I agree the chair set up was awkward. Seemed pretty much like the same old show he has always done nothing really new.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I thought the promo for the show was funny. When they thought they hit the animal and end up trying to bury the cop. Come to find out they hit a can of red paint. That was funny.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Didn't see it - was the donkey, Kanye West on there?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

He was. He made some big apology (I read a newstory this morning, didn't watch it myself.) Leno asked him if his mother would have given him a lecture about his VMA stunt, and Kayne said yes.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

He was. He made some big apology (I read a newstory this morning, didn't watch it myself.) Leno asked him if his mother would have given him a lecture about his VMA stunt, and Kayne said yes.

and I am so sure that he felt his apology deep down - as I said - DONKEY!
  • roccopico
    Options
    I turned it off as soon as he came on and said that kanye wanted to talk and not just perform.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I felt the apology was sincere. :flowerforyou: So few people actually apologize anymore and justify their actions instead. I'm glad he apologized to her, she deserved an apology.
    He seemed genuinely remorseful and said it made him question a lot of things about his life... I don't think that kind of reflection is a bad thing at all.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I don't know, I felt the apology was sincere. :flowerforyou: So few people actually apologize anymore and justify their actions instead. I'm glad he apologized to her, she deserved an apology.
    He seemed genuinely remorseful and said it made him question a lot of things about his life... I don't think that kind of reflection is a bad thing at all.

Throwing in my own personal bias here -- I am tired of men who continually ACT LIKE FOOLS because they know they can do as they please NOW and simply apologize later. If he never acts like a jerk again, then I will believe he learned from this, but as soon as he pulls another stunt, we'll all know he was just blowing smoke to salvage a career.

Words are just words, if your actions continually beg to differ from those words!!:grumble: :angry:

/rant :flowerforyou:
  • xsargex
    Options

Throwing in my own personal bias here -- I am tired of men who continually ACT LIKE FOOLS because they know they can do as they please NOW and simply apologize later. If he never acts like a jerk again, then I will believe he learned from this, but as soon as he pulls another stunt, we'll all know he was just blowing smoke to salvage a career.

Words are just words, if your actions continually beg to differ from those words!!:grumble: :angry:

so based off your bias, women don't act like fools? hahahahaha. OOOKAY!?
  • strongandfit
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ofKepheEZ4

Real or not? :huh:

True ontrition or good acting.:huh:

Only Kanye knows.:glasses:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

so based off your bias, women don't act like fools? hahahahaha. OOOKAY!?

Nope, didn't say that. Just said I'm tired of men who act like fools. Kayne acted a fool while Beyonce and Taylor both acted graciously and with tremdendous amounts of dignity.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Taylor Swift was on The View just now. She was asked if Kanye has tried to reach her personally and apologize yet or not either by phone, email, etc. She said no.
  • xsargex
    Options
    Taylor Swift was on The View just now. She was asked if Kanye has tried to reach her personally and apologize yet or not either by phone, email, etc. She said no.

wow, am I the only one shocked? I mean, he put it on his Twitter....isn't that good enough?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

wow, am I the only one shocked? I mean, he put it on his Twitter....isn't that good enough?

NO! He needs to call her and apologize to her in person! That's just my opinion.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    He tweets an apology?

His apology should be done in person.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options

LOL ... Oh Sarge ... must you always stir it up???