22 from UK, just engaged and now to loose 100+lbs!

Options
Hey everyone!

I've always struggled with my weight since being a teenager but after recently getting engaged I'm determined to look good in my wedding dress! It's going to be hard work and I know it's going to take me a long time which is why I've joined MFP!! Looking for friends to add to help motivate each other and share ideas :)

Replies

• mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step and on your engagement :)

Feel free to add me and best of luck in your journey!!
  • Annaliza369
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement!! What a great source of motivation!! I am looking for some friends and support as well! i will def add you :-)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Congrats, and you can do it!
  • SexyFatMomma
    SexyFatMomma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It can be done! Welcome!
  • LilyMoose
    LilyMoose Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ^.^
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I have about 120 to lose and would love buddies in the same boat..you're definitely welcome too add me :-)
  • xxkellywxx
    xxkellywxx Posts: 17
    Options
    I have about 50lbs or so to lose, I recently lost 7lbs in a month :D xxxx congrats xxx
  • onecutey
    onecutey Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't try to lose two pounds a week. You will be hungry all the time and won't succeed. Go with a pound a week, cut out the junk food, count the calories, and EXERCISE. Start slow. I climb two flights of stairs a day, and I have lost 8 pounds in one week!

Congrats on the engagement!!
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    That's great that you feel so motivated! I have just as much weight to lose so I understand where you are coming from. I hope to shed a lot of weight before I graduate from the university next year. :)
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in september so i know how you feel! feel free to add me :)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too have been shaping up to fit in my braid maid's dress. Am I at my goal weight? No, but I know my boyfriend and I are serious and have talked about engagement, so I want to look good for pictures and eventually the big deal. Feel free to add!
  • SamueLF0nG
    SamueLF0nG Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and yes you can do it. Can't wait to see you in your wedding dress.

Feel free to add me as friend.

;)
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement, yes you can lose the weight!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I am also 22, engaged last august, found out we were expecting in January and now married.. but as soon as this baby gets here I will be back on the losing track and will also need the support so feel free to add me!
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    congrats on your engagement :0)
    im in a similar boat still got A LOT to lose (more than 100lb) and have got a chief bridesmaid's dress to get into sometime next year (thank God ive got more than a year!!) feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

11795304.png
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support!! I was 303.4lbs and am now 192.2 (down 111.2lbs).... I made my lifestyle change on January 1 2011. If I can do it, anyone can!!

30y/o, 5'6''

&&& Congrats on your engagement!!