wth pregnant and cant gain more than 10lbs!

Options
so im so confused i cant gain 10lbs during this pregnancy im a fatty already and i get it but like at the end of my third trimester my baby plus placenta will be 10lbs what the heck gives!! shesh sorry just a vent lol

Replies

• Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You need to discuss this with your doctor. Is that what he/she said?

Baby's health needs to come first!
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    so im so confused i cant gain 10lbs during this pregnancy im a fatty already and i get it but like at the end of my third trimester my baby plus placenta will be 10lbs what the heck gives!! shesh sorry just a vent lol
    Was there a reason given?
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    HI
    I have been there. And I gained more then I should have but I did watch my food more. I ate more veggies and ate out less then with my first pregnancy. It gets hard because those cravings can be hard to ignore, but if you keep that little one in mind when you put food in your body it will motivate you to eat better. You can also walk if the Doctor permits it. That will help to keep off the excessive weight gain. Drink lots of water and cut out and sugary drinks. Congratulations on your pregnancy
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It is possible if you are already overweight.
    I was overweight when I got pregnant with my daughter (maybe like 10-15 lbs overweight). The baby kept gaining but I didn't gain weight. I only gained 11 lbs with her but she weighed 8 lbs 9 oz when she was born (full term healthy baby girl). My body fat went down while I was pregnant because I ate so healthy and walked a lot so in turn I didn't really gain much weight.
  • JulieMI88
    JulieMI88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Maybe you are eating healthier which makes you lose weight. I had acid reflex problem when I was carrying my second one. I didn't feel like eating because it's uncomfortable. So I only gained 5 lbs the first 7 months. I gained another 10 the next two months as the acid-reflex problem went away. But I had a 10 lbs baby. With the water weight etc, I basically lost 10+ lbs during pregnancy.

It happens. You do need to find why though.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was the same way. She could not gain weight no matter what she ate. She just kept eating candy and shakes McDonalds food etc. She had to eat like that all day contstantly she was eating junk. Her baby girl was very healthy Shes now in college.
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have heard this before. Your doctor basically wants all of your calories to go to the baby and you will lose a little bit of weight in the process. As long as you are eating healthy calories, not dieting per se, the weight will come off of you and your baby will be getting plenty of calories. The reason why I know this is because I had gestational diabetes and had to take weekly classes on diet and a lot of the women in there were obese and were losing a little bit of weight with their new healthy diet. I did not gain any weight until my 3rd trimester because I was eating a prescribed amount of carbs, proteins, and fats which was much healthier than what I was eating before. Good luck!
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was well overweight when I was pregnant with my child. I could gain no more than 15 lbs..I developed gestational diabetes with the pregnancy and went on a strict diet..eating 6 small meals a day but watching everything i ate..In the end I gained 11 lbs with her but I also kept losing weight..

I gained 20 lbs in the first few months and the DR put me on a safe diet..I lost 20 lbs within the next couple months..So it is possible..You don't wanna have a hard pregnancy..If you need advice I've been in this position feel free to add me :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wait, are you saying you're trying to gain weight and can't, or that the doctor told you not to gain weight?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Because your body has enough fat in it (like mine would have) to feed both of you and it wont hurt. Its healthier than gaining 80lbs like I would!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wait, are you saying you're trying to gain weight and can't, or that the doctor told you not to gain weight?

Exactly. I couldn't make heads or tails of the OP's post!
  • rebecca421
    rebecca421 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI You sound just like me when I was pregnant. My midwife actually called me chunky. So I actually didn't end up gaining more than 10 pounds. What happened was by eating right and not extra I put on the weight that I needed for my daughter to grow but I also noticed that my fat was disappearing. I called her a tapeworm. I know thats not motherly but she literally sucked the fat out of me. Your doctor doesn't want you to diet just wants you to be healthy. A lot of pregnant women feel that they can eat for two when really you only need a couple hundred extra calories. You can do it if you just eat right. My daughter was 7lbs 7 oz when she was born. If you nurse you lose more weight too. I was smaller when my daughter was a few weeks old than I was before I was pregnant. Like 20 pounds smaller :smile: Good Luck!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The general 25 pound rule is out the window. They have a formula based on current weight and what you should be eating for healthy mom and baby, and that is how they calculate it.

So essentially you'll leave the hospital weighing less than when you got pregnant. I lost 20-25 pounds per kid, and it was nice to not have to worry about extra baby weight, but I was the type that lost no matter what I ate. It's not as pleasant of a problem as it sounds
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I was obese with my pregnancy and I only gained 13lbs total. I actually lost weight in my first and second trimester. So long as you and the baby are healthy (and your doctor says it's okay), this is not out of the norm for overweight pregnant women. Best of luck and take care! Oh, my babe was also wee (5lbs), maybe you are having a small baby...
  • sandyt627
    sandyt627 Posts: 13
    Options
    To those that were curious, she meant that the doc said not to gain more than 10 lbs...I'd just stay active and make good choices for food :) Easier said than done I know, but keep that baby in mind!