It's time to change things around here.

Options
corrine1973
corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
Hi, my name is Corrine and I am new around here. I have tried to loose weight in the past but always give up after about a month and go back to my old ways of eating to much fast food and drinking to much soda. Last spring I even lost about 20 pounds getting ready for my trip with one on my sons to Walt Disney World, but when I got back I gained all the weight back plus some.

Now comes the hard part. On April 14, my younger brother passed away due to a diabetes related problems. It has been really hard dealing with it. This last weekend we had a get together to remember his life and when I saw the pics of myself I was less than happy with how I looked. I vowed right then that I would get healther for my brother, for myself, and most of all for my kids. My brother's death has opened my eyes that people don't live forever and I want to live as long as possible for my kids. :-)

Replies

• jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your brother. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! You have a lot of support on this site.
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    welcome! very sorry for your loss. the place has great people that are great motivators. im sure you'll do well here
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hi corrine how are you ??!! :smile:
    am sorry for your brother , i hope that you are good now , you know you are right the human don't live for ever so if you need any help here or support feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
    i hope that you have a nice life with your kids
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    good luck.. you sound motivated 8)
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My mother is diabetic and I see what it has done to her body. She is in such bad shape now that -if she wanted to change and get healthier it is impossible due to a stroke she can bearly get around. So I am proud that you are trying to do something why you can. I remember when I was in my teens her Dr. told her to lose weight and she was not able to break her bad habbits. Seeing what my mom has gone through has inspired me to get my weight under control why I can aswell. Good luck in your journey to good health.
  • jdcraik
    jdcraik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is too bad about your brother; but maybe that's an inspiration, too. Do it for yourself, but what a great way to honor your brother's memory - he would be so proud of you.
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your brother's untimely death, it's very sad. You can do this, turn things around and lose the weight you need to in order to be healthy. Good luck to you. If you need a friend, feel free to add me.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your brother. You've found a great place here. Great tools and encouraging people. Jump on in, the water's fine.
  • ckes84
    ckes84 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm sorry about your brother. I lost my brother last November after a long illness. My brother was the strongest, most courageous person I've ever met and I miss him terribly. He is my motivation. Sending you virtual hugs. Best advice I was given after his passing "people will tell you it gets easier with time....it does not - you just learn how to deal with it".
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss of your brother. I am sure he would want you do this for you and your kids. This will work for if you are determined to make it work. The Best to you.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    That is too bad about your brother; but maybe that's an inspiration, too. Do it for yourself, but what a great way to honor your brother's memory - he would be so proud of you.

My thoughts exactly! Good for you for deciding to make a change for the better! Stay motivated!
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    I am very sorry about your brother. I am new here as well and please feel free to add me. Trust me I totally understand about loosing it and gaining it back. That is in the past. You got this, new way of thinking to a healthier road. :smile:
  • Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your brother. I've been a member of this group since January and I am loving and living the lifestyle. So far I have lost 30 pounds! If you need support feel free to add me as a pal, we all need each other to keep motivated!