New here from FL!

Options
Card1017
Card1017 Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone!

My name is Chris I'm currently working in Ft.Lauderdale and am working towards losing enough weight (about 150lbs) to enlist in the Marine Corps. It sounds crazy I know, but it's something I've wanted to do since I was young. Regardless if I enlist or not I want to drop these pounds and improve my health overall. The other day I was just thinking if I'm 21 and overweight and my friends and family are much older and more obese it scared me a little and I saw I won't stay this weight or this healthy for too long. As I get older it'll get harder and harder and that is really why I want to drop this weight. I'm going to push myself and work hard (as a drill instructor would in Basic ) so hopefully in a year I can be at my goal weight of 200 ( 150lb - 12 months -12.5lbs a week - 3lbs a week -__-) hope someone has some motivation or tips for me! :-) if anyone needs encouragement I can do my best!

Replies

• SamueLF0nG
    SamueLF0nG Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it. I'm trying to lose about 110lbs to be in tip top condition. I'm turning 21 in about 19 days and my blood pressure is kind of high for my age. I believe nothing is impossible when you have a group of people in MFP to encourage and support us through his rough but possible journey.