so hungry!

Options
so ive already maxed out my calories for the day but i feel starving, having drank about 4 pints of water and still feeling the general need to snack i dont know what to do. its so late and i shouldnt eat but its starting to get to me :(

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit of fruit and work out to compensate for the calories.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    EAT!!!

Worry about an average for the week, not daily. One day of going over by a couple hundred is NOT going to hurt.

You're body needs fuel, feed it.
  • gingercookie94
    Options
    Go to bed my dear and get a good nights sleep.
  • Beamll
    Beamll Posts: 28
    Options
    To help with hunger I read taking a teaspoon of coconut oil twice a day will help. I read it some where don't remember, but it works for me. It has the texture and taste of unsalted butter. Just a suggestion.
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk - and then you can eat back some of the calories form your walk. Or do a workout video and you can eat some of those calories back. Go brush your teeth and then tell yourself you are done for the day except for water. This is what works for me. I have done a workout video at 11:00 ( so that I could eat something else). I hate to see read on my food diary - so I work out to get as little red as possible. Your BODY may need the calories though- it is OK to have higher days- you have to keep your body confused.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You need more protein! Not sure how your ratios are set up, but make sure you get more protein! You should be getting MUCH more than your diary is set for. Trust me, raise the amount of protein and you will NOT be hungry anymore. Even on 1300 calories! Try for 100g or more... it really works, and it helps build muscle which helps you lose weight if you're going for loss. Best part, no hunger!

Have an egg, either hard boiled (I keep them in the fridge) or scrambled/fried really quick. It's only 80ish calories and will help tie you over.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    EAT!!!

Worry about an average for the week, not daily. One day of going over by a couple hundred is NOT going to hurt.

You're body needs fuel, feed it.
    Agree. You have a fairly low cal goal anyway, won't hurt you to eat another 200 cals. Just make it something you won't regret later!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Eat something, whether it be some fruit, or better still, an egg or some cottage cheese or nuts.
    Just make it a healthy choice.
    No point going to bed hungry, it will not matter if you go a little over your goal today.

PS - I am in Southampton too, lol.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Do not do this. This is horrible advice.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Eat! You will not be able to sleep if you're hungry. How about a banana?

Something I like to do is make a coffee shake (do decalf please at this time of day!). This will only work if you already have this in the house... but I mix 1 cup milk, 1-2 instant coffee packets (Folgers or Via, etc.), a sweetener pack and lots of ice. It's like a milk shake but very few calories.

Or what about a small (maybe half serving) of a protein shake?
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I find I get that way if I don't have enough lean protein....some days are just like that though, especially when the hormones get squirrley! Find something low cal to munch, red bell peppers strips have been my favorites lately! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary and the biggest thing I noticed was not enough protein and vegetables. You can fill up on LOTS of veggies and be way under your calories for the day. Also, protein and fats help keep you full longer. You eat a lot of carbs and those your body will burn through, leaving you "so hungry". I eat way more food than you (my calorie allotment is about the same as yours) because I am choosing healthier foods, allowing me to eat more.

Veggies don't have to be boring. Here's an example of what I eat:

Breakfast - green smoothie (1/2 banana, 1/2 orange, 1/2 c. pineapple, 1 1/2 handfuls spinach, 1/3 bunch parsley, 1/4 c. fresh basil). For protein, I add in a raw (yes, raw) egg or two or sometimes some protein powder

Mid-morning snack - 1 oz. almonds

Lunch - 4-5 cups baby mixed greens and spinach, 1/4 c. walnuts, 3-4 fresh sliced strawberries & 2 tbsp. lemon tahini salad dressing, Baked chicken breast or leg/thigh

Dinner - steak, sweet potato w/ butter & steamed broccoli

The green smoothie plus the berries on my salad handle my sweet cravings. Plus, they make the food look "pretty" and fun and taste amazing!
  • leelee330
    leelee330 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just eat a lil something; a tblspn of natural peanut butter or, hard boiled egg w/ or w/out the yolk) it should fill you up and not be a crazy overage on your cals...dont get to that hungry hungry stage -- just keep protein snacks nearby.
  • ksgirlmiller
    Options
    If it's close to bedtime, drink a small glass of milk or juice. Those will fill your stomach. Or, I would have a small snack, but something healthy. If your stomach if physically growling then you should eat. You can't deprive yourself and your stomach growling is your body telling you to eat something.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Exercising and eating back the calories is pointless. Exercise uses up your energy as well and will just make you more hungry.

Eat something, preferably protein.

Then tomorrow add more protein and veggies to your diet.
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy snack, it's never easy to sleep when you are that hungry. Just give yourself that extra push tomorrow. If you have a restless night because you were hungry it's going to make it all the harder to reach your goals tomorrow. As everyone else has said fruit is a good choice. It all depends on what you have in your house. Then tomorrow try to spead your meals out a little more so that when it is late and time for bed you won't be at this point. there are. I know you probably don't have it now but there is something called scottish oatmeal that makes a great snack before bed that naturally has tryptophan and melotonin to help you sleep and it keeps your hunger at bay until the morning.

I hope this helped. :D
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Do not do this. This is horrible advice.

seriously. people are absurd. if someone is legitimately hungry---what SHOULD they do? EAT! Unless they want to binge later of course.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thats a sign you need to eat more than. So grab a snack...
  • bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    I eat oatmeal or Juice some veggies.
  • Roseisadreamer
    Options
    thanks guys, ive put an egg on and i'm gonna have boiled egg with a ryvita cracker. definately going to take on board the tips about protein and things; being a student its difficult getting it it sometimes. onwards and upwards!