Mirror VS Camera

Hey so whenever I look in the mirror recently I really like the way I look and I am happy about myself but when I try to take a picture I look horrible! I don't understand why I feel so different looking at myself in a picture compared to a mirror... which one is correct? Are either of them correct? How do people see me, like the mirror or the picture? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you!

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I find it the same way... I'll look good in the mirror and try to snap a picture and it's all wrong. :laugh:

I find that alot of it has to do with A) camera color quality and B) the angle at which you're taking the picture. Your eyes are seeing a different view of you than the camera.

Over time I've learned that both look great, we're just too self-conscious of how we look in pictures! :flowerforyou:
  • I can offer no help, however, I can say that I HATE how I look in pictures even when I don't mind my mirror-image. I think I look very much heavier in pictures than I do in my reflection :( I greatly dislike seeing photos of myself ...I am in the same boat.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    I thought I was the only one with this issue. I do my makeup, get dressed, look in the mirror and I think I look pretty good. Not bad for a 51 yr old woman. Then I try to take pics with my cell phone to send to my daughter in Germany, and I look old and horrible. I've lost over 100lbs and want to have professional pictures taken, but am afraid they will turn out so ugly, that it will be a complete waste of time and money.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    http://gizmodo.com/5661253/giz-explains-why-you-look-different-in-photos-than-you-do-in-the-mirror

I wondered the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I found this article. Makes sense!
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    http://gizmodo.com/5661253/giz-explains-why-you-look-different-in-photos-than-you-do-in-the-mirror

I wondered the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I found this article. Makes sense!

Awesome article. I never really thought about camera lenses like that.