Girls: how do you wear your Polar FT7?

Options
I'm thinking of investing in one of these HRMs. I see that alot of HRM users say that wearing the chest strap is key; it looks like that's easy for the men to do, but how do women wear it for their workouts, taking into account the potential discomfort with strapping it over your boobs? Any clarification or info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Replies

• Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mine just goes under my bra strap. it takes getting used to but now i hardly notice it anymore.
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had one for over a year, you just strap it directly under where your sports bra ends and it should work fine :)
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Under the boobs. Mine hits right where the bottom strap of my sports bra is.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The strap goes under your breasts, right under the band of your bra. It's actually really easy and comfortable to wear.
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wear it right under my boobs along the edge of my bra. I've never had any problems and it doesn't bother me when I'm working out.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The straps go under your boobs. Make sure you get the appropriate strap length. I know most watches come with M-XXL. If you are small chested or waisted, you might want to consider XS-Small.
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    I put mine under my sports bra...
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I also thought it would be uncomfortable but you wear the strap under your boobs, like where your bra ends. Once you get used to it, you won't even notice its there. Good luck!
  • lisakammwang
    lisakammwang Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I wear mine the same...just beneath the band of my sports bra.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just got mine, I do it under my sports bra, don't notice it at all. I found an awesome sportsbra that you can snap the unit into, made for the polar, but they want like 70$ USD for em.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The strap goes right under ur boobs, nice, snug fit.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i'm not a girl but i'm imagining that its under the boobs?
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have the ft4, but same thing the strap goes under your breasts across your chest. You dont notice it after a few days.

Also I found my watch for how I wore it on my wrist kept getting bumped and would accidently turn off mid workout, so I wear that on a lanyard like one you would use for work badge, around my neck and it seems fine registering my workout. I tuck it inside my shirt when I am doing things like pushups or situps that require it not to hang free to get in the way.
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i just got the FT4, but i assume it's the same deal :smile:
    i wear it just under where my sports bra ends, and it's not uncomfortable. sometimes you can see it under a tighter workout shirt (i'm not packin much up top haha), but it's not uncomfortable. i did find that it was affecting my even breathing the first couple times i wore it, but that goes away... good luck, i'm sure you'll love it!!! :love:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yeah, gotta go under the boobs. The closer to the actual heartbeat the better. where your bra band is now is where the strap will sit. I don't barely notice it when I used it. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I've had one for over a year, you just strap it directly under where your sports bra ends and it should work fine :)

^Yep :D
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The strap goes under your breasts, right under the band of your bra. It's actually really easy and comfortable to wear.

^^This.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I've used mine a ton and love it! Just goes around where my sports bra band ends. No issues and very comfortable.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i wear mine over my eyes like a weird, blind zorro! :happy:

(nah, i wear mine like everyone else. just felt i needed to add a little variety to the responses!)
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh great! Thx so much guys! It seems most ppl prefer the FT7 to the FT4?