Targeting Stomach Fat - Suggestions Needed

Options
2»

Replies

• stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Try reading Winning by Losing by Jillian Michaels. She gives great recommendations on how to lose based specifically on your body shape/type. (apple/pear/proportionate weight distribution types). I am reading right now and it's really helpful. Good luck!

I heart Jillian :)
  • KClarkBar
    KClarkBar Posts: 9
    Options
    Everyone's feedback has been most helpful. I appreciate all the suggestions.
  • bray2160
    bray2160 Posts: 12
    Options
    Personally, I'd prefer using a home fitness set like P90X. I like it because I can use it at my leisure. It's practically the only set I've seen produce real results. I know people who've actually lost a ton of weight while using the set. I can't say that so much regarding any other product on the market.

For those of you who are interested, I happen to know where you can buy p90x for a discount price of $65. http://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x has them and read the guestbook for customer reviews.
  • ucsneakerz
    ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The heart rate depends on your age and weight. For you (based on your profile) it would be around 126. Most cardio machines (even bikes) will have a fat burning setting that you can use, and as long as you keep your hands on the heart rate monitors it'll adjust the resistance/speed/etc as you need it.

Bad advice.

It is true that lower intensity activities draw more from fat stores, you also burn fewer calories overall. Higher intensity exercise gives you more bang for your buck. You will create more a calorie deficit if you work harder. Pretty simple math.

Do some research on it and see what you think.

Totally agree, but the original question was what heart rate should you be at to be in the fat burning zone, not what should the heart rate be in order to burn the most calories. If the goal is just to burn the most calories then whatever exercise can keep your heart rate the highest (safely) and for an extended period of time is your best bet. Sorry if I didnt make that clear, was more trying to answer the question directly.