Body Wraps

Options
Do body wraps really work? They say that wraps tighten the skin and help you lose inches. Is it true or just temporary?

Replies

• CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    bump
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about the plastic/scuba suit stuff, it's temporary water weight.
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    If you are talking about the plastic/scuba suit stuff, it's temporary water weight.

No, its like the kind you get at a spa. They wrap you in mineral or clay bandages
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    So they work... but only temporary. its just like those sweatsuits that boxers wear to drop water weight. Thats all it does. I'm pretty sure its a waste of money- unless you just need a temporary fix for the weekend thats only a couple of lbs.
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The do work. There is a girl at my work that is doing it along with a 1300 cal diet. she is 5'0" and she has lost 7lbs and 2" in a month. There is one in MA in Wayland called foreverslender.org I am going to go in 2 weeks and I will tell you how it goes but from what I have seen its amazing.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have a friend selling these and truthfully the before and after pics are amazing. It looks to good to be true. She said typically the results last for a few months. The other thing that I noticed is that the skin looks firmer and smoother. She sells It Works.

It is tempting but so far I've just said no, I'm going to keep with what I'm doing.:smile:
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in if it seems too good to be true it probably is. At the very best it's only a temporary fix. You're better off with diet an exercise. Though I can't see any harm in it other than the loss of money.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The do work. There is a girl at my work that is doing it along with a 1300 cal diet. she is 5'0" and she has lost 7lbs and 2" in a month. There is one in MA in Wayland called foreverslender.org I am going to go in 2 weeks and I will tell you how it goes but from what I have seen its amazing.

Are you sure she isnt just loosing cause she is eating 1300 cals? Wraps pull out toxins and help shed water weight....its a waste of money...just go to a sana.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You lose a few inches from water loss (it's a scam). It comes right back. I did this years ago.

Don't fall for it.
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It is just temporary water weight. It is good if you have a dress that you want to look stunning in for one night and you don't plan to eat or drink that entire night or rather, by the time you are eating and drinking you won't care that that that your pooch that deflated after the wrap suddenly inflates in the dress...LOL!

I do Bikram Yoga when I want to loose inches because it works and you are still getitng your excercise for the day.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    Scam. It's water weight, not fat. Eating right and exercising is where it's at!!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

True.

Now on the other hand, the results from natron linen wraps are permanent.. only the side effects are somewhat uncomfortable. Good luck on your journey!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    True - BUT the effects are temporary. Like others have said, it is all water weight. The skin can look smoother due to the water being absorbed as well as the moisture/lotion in the wraps.

False - to think that any weight loss is from this and is lasting. -2lbs from a 30 minute wrap will last till have water. Then your body will hold on to that water again.
  • lilbpixie
    Options
    Yes I am Sure :) I see her every day and she has been on this low cal diet for months and hadn't lost really anything. She stared the wraps with her sister 2 weeks ago and wow she tightened up. not only that but another girl did it two days ago and her cellulite is less noticeable. It is NOT a quick fix but if you are close to your goal weight this is a great way to tighten that loose skin.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Let's be clear here guys. These wraps do NOT make you lose fat. Period. Isn't that your goal? Saying you want to lose "weight" means nothing. It's the fat you want to lose.

If you want to lose water weight, get a massage while they wrap you or jog a little with bandages on, and spend money then by all means.... Go for it!

If it helps improve skin texture and you feel like doing it then go for it! But you won't be losing fat. :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I had a seaweed wrap done the day before my wedding because I needed to drop about 3-5 pounds to fit into my dress comfortably and it worked.

But it was only a temporary fix! If you have an event that you need to lose some water weight for, then it's a great option. But for long term weight loss, probably not going to work for you.
  • lilbpixie
    Options
    The linen wraps are permanent there are not many places that do them but they work. I had one done last week and I had fat that had separated from my leg in an accident 7yrs ago and it looked like i had a base ball on my upper leg. I have tried EVERYTHING but surgery to get rid of it. I did a wrap and its gone. I cried when I looked the next day. It has been a week and it is still smooth. I also lost just under 2" on my thigh and a half a pound. A girl I work with does it as part of her weight loss and has lost 4 inches off her wast and it all around tighter. Its amazing and you feel great. it is NOT a seaweed wrap its a Linen and infrared wrap that takes about 2hrs start to finish.