Question about eating after Midnight

Options
When you guys eat after midnight do you put it on the current days journal or the same day (that starts at midnight)? Yesterday/today I had a late night so I at after midnight? So Now I'm like do I cut calories today or just consider the day as 24 hours from the time my day started? Hope that makes sense.

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When you guys eat after midnight do you put it on the current days journal or the same day (that starts at midnight)? Yesterday/today I had a late night so I at after midnight? So Now I'm like do I cut calories today or just consider the day as 24 hours from the time my day started? Hope that makes sense.
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Options
    I am not sure,,,,but unless you work nights stop eating at midnight, it is never good.
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Technically it's considered the next day, but I know a lot of people that work 3rd shift and calculate accordingly. A "day" for them may begin at 10-11 am and end at 2 am, so their cycle would be totally different than someone whose "day" begins at 6 am and ends at say 10pm
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hehe good new is that we will not turn into gremlins hahah :) But count it as you want id say put it on the day during the time you were awake. Before oyu sleep athen you start fresh when you wake up!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You know I've never had that come up, but I guess I would deliniate by sleep, just because that is a more natural segmentation then a clock. The sleep cycle is a good reset for your body's clock anyway so it makes sense to start a day when you wake and end it when you go to sleep (what I would do if you don't sleep, I have NO idea):tongue: .
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I pass out every night at 9:30pm. :blushing:

Anyway, I would just log it until midnight or until you fall asleep. Just be sure to do it the same way every time.
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals. Sounds like basing it on when I sleep makes perfect sense. :flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I go by the sleep thing too. Although. There was this time when I got up to make the baby a bottle in the middle of the night. Half asleep and dazed I stumbled into the kitchen and saw the chocolate chip cookies my fiance left out. I ate three and then fell asleep. I was pretty annoyed with myself the nezt day when I logged those cookes in. I barely remembered eating them and definitely wouldn't have if they weren't left on that counter. This was the start of me on MFP I was sooooo disappointed that I had to start the day with less than 1000 calories. -Heather.
    Ps cookies have never been left out since. :-)
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    I go by the sleep thing too. Although. There was this time when I got up to make the baby a bottle in the middle of the night. Half asleep and dazed I stumbled into the kitchen and saw the chocolate chip cookies my fiance left out. I ate three and then fell asleep. I was pretty annoyed with myself the nezt day when I logged those cookes in. I barely remembered eating them and definitely wouldn't have if they weren't left on that counter. This was the start of me on MFP I was sooooo disappointed that I had to start the day with less than 1000 calories. -Heather.
    Ps cookies have never been left out since. :-)

Lol too cute. :laugh: I used to do that when I had to get my baby "icy cold-wa-wa" for heaven forbid she drink tap. I'd go downstairs and devour cookies or whatever was handy in less than a 3 minutes on the way upstairs with the wa-wa. Now I keep icy wa-wa in the keep cold cup.
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was having the same dilema due to working nightshift. 1 night I work a full graveyard then the next 3 I work swings until midnight. I designated 2:00 am as my cutoff time since that is normally when I goto sleep on swings.

This way you are not starting your true day with a deficit, and can reward yourself at the end of the day when you have surplus calories that need to be eaten.
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    I was having the same dilema due to working nightshift. 1 night I work a full graveyard then the next 3 I work swings until midnight. I designated 2:00 am as my cutoff time since that is normally when I goto sleep on swings.

This way you are not starting your true day with a deficit, and can reward yourself at the end of the day when you have surplus calories that need to be eaten.

Good point and great tips. I work odd hours with my work and my side business so that may be better and give me the juice I need to run too.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Phew, as long as we don't turn in to Gremlins we're ok...
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Phew, as long as we don't turn in to Gremlins we're ok...

Lol, well not getting any sleep because of a big storm last night with 3 inch hail pelting every part of my roof and windows and running lat and this big zit on my cheek, I FEEL like a Gremlin.:devil: