NSV: Pride of ownership.

Options
esphixiet
esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
I went out for my first mountain-bike ride of the season, and had a little epiphany as I rode up to my car after an hours ride.

I've always felt pride-of-ownership of things I've acquired, my car, my fancy mountain bike, other long-sought trinkets... but today is the first time I have ever felt pride of ownership of my own body.

Replies

• esphixiet
    Options
    Wow... not one reply. Amazing.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel more pride about myself since I started running 9 months ago. I'm not done and I don't plan to rock a bikini, but I have made noticeable differences especially to my lifestyle.
  • esphixiet
    Options
    Exactly! I'm no where near done, but I'm finally at a point where I'm not looking in the mirror going, "ewww'. I'm looking in the mirror going, "you're really something, and you'll continue to be something if you stay on this path". Best motivation, self motivation!!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You've reached a major milestone. That is truly the best place to be, psychologically and emotionally speaking, when you are proud to "own" it. Great share!

Would have replied earlier, but I was sleeping :)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be happy until I reached my goal. I'm almost half-way there and I've never been happier. It feels good to get up, get dressed and tackle the world every day.

It can only get better!

Congrats to you on all your hard work!

~Teri
  • esphixiet
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    thats great!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!