New to MFP on the Dukan Diet

Options
Hello all! I am new to MFP and started the Dukan Diet 17 days ago. I have lost 8lbs and am NEVER hungry even though, according to MFP, I am WAY under my calories for every single day. I walk alot, but that is about all the strenuous exercise I do. I think if I did more I would lose more, but I am super busy with 3 kids playing spring ball! If there is anyone else out there on the Dukan Diet or you would like to learn more, please feel free to message me or add me as a friend! I would LOVE to share my info!

Replies

• jettyib1
    jettyib1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    what is it and details. Thanks
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • mamaro76
    mamaro76 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not asking for, um, welcome from my choice of diet. It fits my needs, keeps me feeling good and healthy, was written by a doctor and was approved by MY DOCTOR. Just because I am following a diet with a name doesn't mean it isn't healthy. This particular diet helps a person lose weight then stabilize that weight for a lifetime in phases. Anyone that doesn't support my weight loss can feel free to not respond to my posts.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    *deleted* not worth it.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Whoa now! I find it funny that your first reaction was defensive! All she said is good luck on your journey and to get ready for comments… most being negative.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As this is a public forum, I will feel free to respond to your posts. Per your diary, you are eating less than 900 calories a day, and less than 700 calories on many. Unless supervised by a doctor (and generally even if supervised by a doctor) this is incredibly dangerous and should not be encouraged on this site. It is actually contrary to MFP rules.
  • mamaro76
    Options
    After reading alot of these forums there just seems to be A LOT of negativity. I am a purely positive person. I don't need someone dissing a program (or person) just because they are against a diet program or because they heard it was bad or for whatever other reason. Everyone has their way to lose. I don't care to count calories and do BMR or BMI or whatever. A friend told me about this site as a means to track my weight loss, not calories and I found it interesting. Message boards are supposed to be for support, not to tear down what someone is doing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The forums are not here to blindly cheer someone one when they are doing something very unhealthy.
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    After reading alot of these forums there just seems to be A LOT of negativity. I am a purely positive person. I don't need someone dissing a program (or person) just because they are against a diet program or because they heard it was bad or for whatever other reason. Everyone has their way to lose. I don't care to count calories and do BMR or BMI or whatever. A friend told me about this site as a means to track my weight loss, not calories and I found it interesting. Message boards are supposed to be for support, not to tear down what someone is doing.

This is exactly what I have been saying all day to these MFP'ers . They told me eating 1200 calories was unhealthy , but the only exercise I really get is walking . I don't usually get out of bed other than that , I play video games online all day . So it's healthy for me , and my body can't handle a lot of food anymore . If I do keep eating as much as everyone says , I gain more weight . Because I sit down , I don't go out of my house . I have a phobia of driving so I don't get out at all . I walk maybe 1-2miles a day and that is all for me . I have been losing weight slowly this past month , but I switched my diet to eating organic vegetarian foods . Yet everyone is basically hating on me every time I comment somewhere . People on here are suppose to be positive and not put others down . Which brings me to my next topic , if you're going to state that MFP doesn't encourage people who eat less than the set calories on here . They also state not to abuse other on here , and put them down constantly . Every post brings negativity , which I don't understand why you can't keep rude comments to yourself . Everyone's diet and version of healthy is different from person to person . We all have different goals , so why is everyone being prejudice ? Just wanted to know. :smile:
  • mamaro76
    Options
    I am healthy. I won't be asking for any cheering. And please, let me know where in the rules of MFP does it say I have to post at least 900 calories a day on my food diary? Like I said, I am here to track weight loss not food. Some of the things I eat aren't even in my diary but thanks for your concern.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am healthy. I won't be asking for any cheering. And please, let me know where in the rules of MFP does it say I have to post at least 900 calories a day on my food diary? Like I said, I am here to track weight loss not food. Some of the things I eat aren't even in my diary but thanks for your concern.

The issue is not that you log less than 900 - its that you are posting that you are WAY under your calories for the day as if that is some kind of success - which if following that diet are low anyway. How do you know if you are WAY under if you do not track them anyhow?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

This is exactly what I have been saying all day to these MFP'ers . They told me eating 1200 calories was unhealthy , but the only exercise I really get is walking . I don't usually get out of bed other than that , I play video games online all day . So it's healthy for me , and my body can't handle a lot of food anymore . If I do keep eating as much as everyone says , I gain more weight . Because I sit down , I don't go out of my house . I have a phobia of driving so I don't get out at all . I walk maybe 1-2miles a day and that is all for me . I have been losing weight slowly this past month , but I switched my diet to eating organic vegetarian foods . Yet everyone is basically hating on me every time I comment somewhere . People on here are suppose to be positive and not put others down . Which brings me to my next topic , if you're going to state that MFP doesn't encourage people who eat less than the set calories on here . They also state not to abuse other on here , and put them down constantly . Every post brings negativity , which I don't understand why you can't keep rude comments to yourself . Everyone's diet and version of healthy is different from person to person . We all have different goals , so why is everyone being prejudice ? Just wanted to know. :smile:

Read the rules - there is nothing about not being able to challenge someones 'philosophy'.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes everyone is different and has the right to try different things, I have tried every diet known to man LOL including this one, I did lose but I put the weight back on eventually as it wasn't sustainable.....yep I learnt there is only one way to do it, hard work, discipline and eating a healthy range of all foods in moderation.....:o)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Have fun starving and not educating yourself on good nutrition then!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    diets don't work. diets don't work. you'll gain the weight back. diets are based on instant gratification. diets don't work.
  • mamaro76
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and on the Dukan Diet. I'm here for support, not negativity. Thanks for the welcome. Good night. :flowerforyou: