What is a grandmother suppose to act like.

Options
2»

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    my grandmother is 89, is cute as can be, the sweetest lady you ever met, super active as far as her body will allow, genius at crossword puzzles, and giggles like a 16 year old girl.

I want to be just like her when I grow up :)
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    my grandma calls me twinke (must sound like quincy to her) and gave me three dollars in an envelope for my graduation. LMAO. shes verrrrry old though

That is so endearing!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I enjoy life even more now that I can go to work when I choose. I have to stay in shape to keep up with the grandkids and have fun with them. I wish mine were closer so I could see them more often. (sigh)
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just became a first time grandma last Friday....so I'm taking notes on how I should act!!! I already love my precious granddaughter and can't wait to watch her grow up; I plan on being a BIGGG part of her life so now I'm getting fit for her!!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you damn sure do not. people be criticizing me all the time, telling me I need to act like a grandmom, how is that? Not be sexi?

that is dumb. Especially if your a young grandma
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Bake cookies, sneak your grandkids stuff their parents won't let them have (like cookies before dinner!), always cuddle, and have comfy chairs and couches. Keep a jar or dish full of sweets and treats.

Well, maybe you can find some healthy recipes for cookies or better versions of sweets and treats. Just don't tell the grandkids!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yo - my Grams is 86, and does more push ups than most people I know. She does 20 every morning when she gets out of bed, and walks almost every day. She will kick your butt! <3 u grams!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    my grandma calls me twinke (must sound like quincy to her) and gave me three dollars in an envelope for my graduation. LMAO. shes verrrrry old though

lol

yep... bake cookies... make breakfast of anything you want to eat..any time you want it...crochet you a special afghan in your favorite colors..... serve tang with pizza from the uncle's bar downstairs.....and slip the odd $5 now and then... or $10. oh and one grandma always gave me 2 paks of juicyfruit gum on halloween because I was the grandchild. I HATE juicy fruit gum.... let you root around in her spare room for interesting things for art class....have the biggest dictionary you've ever seen laying around...make you that special halloween costume....
    How cute she slipped you $3. bet she's a dear.....
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    <
    plays beer pong, dances, sings karaoke at the bar, AND bakes cookies! Oh, and wears low-rise flares and a belly-button ring!

To hell with acting or looking like a grandma!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Grandparents today are nothing like the "old grandparents" people think of, we're much younger and look younger. Hell I still listen to the same music I did when I was 20, I totally can relate to my kids who are in their 20's. We text, act goofy, laugh, party, have energy, it's me time! And yes we're having hot sex still.........:)
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Grandmom to 3 beautiful boys here, but I still work out, lift weights and oh yeah, my jeans are tight enough to show off my now tightening booty.
  • kindred_fawn
    kindred_fawn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am a grandmother of 3... and I bake them cupcakes and cakes and cook yummy stuff for them (I don't tell them I healthy up the recipes and they can't tell the difference)... I also sing karaoke, dance poorly, can drink like a fish (but it's very rarely), and cuss like a sailor...

I'm also the grandmother who makes them go outside and play instead of sitting inside on a video game all the time.

I do love a rocking chair... but I don't have one...

Karaoke is my thing, we do it a lot at my house. I dance my butt off, to Reggae & Soca that is. I love a rocking chair or a recliner, but do not have one. I told my children that I wanted one for christmas or my birthday last year, well, I am still waiting....lol

My mum does karaoke too, so does my dad. I wish they spent time with my kids.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was more active than me. She tapped danced, played golf and tennis, participated in many events in senior Olympics, volunteered with a variety of organizations, was active in her church, and was constantly on the run in general, for her activities, and attending parties/weddings etc for her 7 kids, 22 grand kids, 2 step grand kids, 24 great grand kids, and 4 step great great kids.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Yo - my Grams is 86, and does more push ups than most people I know. She does 20 every morning when she gets out of bed, and walks almost every day. She will kick your butt! <3 u grams!

:drinker:
  • DIVAFIT43
    DIVAFIT43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I never let people put labels on me. Those who try ..........f'em. I've been a confusing contradiction all my life, according to others. I define me and no on else.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is why I am here,to be active, healthy and a passenger on our harley!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Well I am a grandma to two. I work full time in a demanding job, play in the community orchestra, workout at the gym 3 to 5 times a week, have a personal trainer, am training up to my 4th 1/2 marathon in a month, have a network marketing business selling children's books, and a ft husband. I don't do the cookies and special treats because .... are you ready for this?

MY MOTHER does it all! At 82 she babysits my granddaughters, bakes, has paid employment one day a week, does the cooking, takes HER older sister to appointments and on errands, does the basic housework, leads the children's preschool programming at church and I have to work to keep track of her schedule and where she will be. Should be easy since she lives with us, but it is not.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    im a grandma, i bake cookies etc, i have 21 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. im proud to be a grandma.
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This proud grandma loves to chase my 4 and 6 year old grandchildren because it makes the mileage go faster. However, they conk out before I do. They also like to hit my heavy bag. They're too small to ride a Spin bike just yet lol... But they manage downward dog pretty easy!

If my Spin students knew how old I really was - they would FREAK!:wink: