So this 30 day shred...

Options
Mezzle13
Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
I am seeing a lot about the 30 day shred so had a quick google and worked out what everyone was talking about! It sounds great and there are a lot of good reviews and feedback that I have seen but I am a bit hesitant for a couple of reasons...

1) I have a very small sitting room, it is fine for sit ups, planks etc but any vast movement will result in bruises and probably a few broken pictures!
2) I don't have any equipment... what does the dvd actually require?
3) 2 nights a week I have a college course so don't get back until 11, I cycle these days but can't fit time in for a workout. Will this be a problem?

Basically I could do with some advice as to wether the dvd would be worth investing in...

xx

Replies

• twinmommy3
    twinmommy3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome workout! About to start it again myself. You need 2 to 5lb handweights. Mostly use your own body, need as much room as it takes you to do jumping jacks.
  • emilyratahi
    emilyratahi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree I started with 30 day shred in jan and it has been awesome I have heaps of her DVD's now. And yep I have 2kg hand weights and just got a yoga mat cos I put runs in my carpet doing "mountain climbers"! Def worth getting even if you arent doing it everynight. And you will get hooked and find time to do it! Take measurements when you start and finish
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout today to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't need much room ( just as well as I have a small workout space too!) and the only equipment needed was light dumbbells, but you could probably use some cans of baked beans or something instead.
    It was high intensity and I burned off over 300 cals in 27 mins (my HRM reading)

As for taking 2 nights off a week, I personally think that should be okay as you will need rest days for recovery and as you are doing light exercise you will be fine :-)
  • dawnkay1
    dawnkay1 Posts: 41
    Options
    You can use two water bottles instead of weights. I have weights, but this is what I've seen suggested before.

Also, I don't do the 30DS everyday either, and it still works wonders.

I love it! 25 minutes of your day and the results speak for themselves.
  • Mezzle13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help! I think I am going to invest in the dvd and then raid the cuboards for suitable weight replacements. If find I would rather have my tins on my plate than in my hands I will just have to take a trip down to the sports shop :)
  • Mezzle13
    Options
    And I am sure I can find a carry matt in one of the cupboards as a replacement yoga mat...
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout. You don't need a lot of space.

The Level 1 workout is on Youtube, so you could try it out there before you buy!!
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    Hi - it is SO worth it....and have a look on Amazon, I got a great bargain for a 4 pack of her DVD's a couple of weeks ago and paid £16 for 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack, Ban Fat Boost Metabolism and No more trouble zones.
    I am only on day 7 of level 1 now (started last week) and can already feel and see a change in my body (hubby also noticed!) and as some of the others have said: it's only 25 minutes of your day but VERY effective (be warned, the first 2 days I thought I was going to die and ached so much afterwards but just push through, from day 3 it does get better!)

Good luck!
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My dvd just arrived :)
    But if you want to try it you can go on youtube and the proper version of level 1 is on there. I tried it and ordered it. Its only £4.99 on amazon so figured what the hell....
  • Mezzle13
    Options
    I have literally just ordered the dvd, now I've spent money I have to do it!! With my birthday in just over a month it's the perfect aim :-D
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    JM herself doesn't recommend doing it every day, but that's not mentioned on the DVD itself. Bear in mind that it is quite hard on the knees. Good workout, but I had to stop because of joint pain.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just remember to follow the girls with Jillian which match your level - I think I was following Anita when I tried it (the very modified versions). And mind your knees - if they feel like they are creaking and complaining, check your posture and adjust until it feels more comfortable. It's meant to challenge you, but don't damage yourself doing it!
  • patiencexgracexstrength
    Options
    my only advice is never say anything negative about it cause everyone on this forum will be quick to jump to it's defense (haha I'm a jillian junkie and you will actually be suprised how quickly your fitness improves from it)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Am doing it every second day in a small sitting room. Day 1 was awful, had to keep stopping and starting; had pains in calves and abs the next day but am glad I've kept it up as it's definitely working. Bought 2kg weights (a first for me!) and use them as much as I can during the workout. Seeing other people's results is both frustrating and inspiring. I'm struggling with it but am sticking with it and taking it one day at a time.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would reccomend investing in proper weights as when you get to level 3 you will need them. There are some moves that wont allow you to just use water bottles or tins.

First time i did level one it killed me, now i can do it level one through to 3 no problem and feel great. I read on a fourm that Jillian never intended it to be done 30 days consecutivley but 2 days on then 2 cardio then one rest day.....apparently!! Whatever you do im sure you will get some good results!

Good Luck!