Not losing..

Options
Hi guys i could do with some help!
MFP set my calorie goal at 1,250 cals a day and to begin with i was loosing weight great! Now all of a sudden it has stopped? the other day i weighed and i had a 3lb loss now weighing again today i have gone back up 2/3 lbs does anyone know why this is?
isit true when you come to a stand still in weight loss you should maybe up your calories and exercise? not sure what to do!

Would also like to add that before dieting i'd sit and eat ridiculous amounts and not exercise for example.. half a pack of biscuits with my coffee sitting watching tele all day now i dont even have coffee ( as dont like it without sugar) and i have maybe 2 biscuits a week and exercise 3 times a week! ive gone from eating all fatty stuff to low fat, weight watchers, everything like that and still nothings changing! So confused!

Replies

• missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    bump
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    1250 calories is a good place to start, but it is not sustainable in the long term, Your body's metabolism will adjust and you will stop losing weight. Upping the calories a little, say to 1400, will probably kick-start your weight loss, especially if you also add some good exercise into the mix! Also, make sure you are drinking enough water.

The recent weight gain could be that your body is starting to retain water - the big weight losses some people experience to begin with are the body releasing retained water. Check your sodium levels to make sure you aren't eating too much salt, as this helps the body hang on to more water than it really needs.

There are some good threads on MFP on the theme of "Eat more to weigh less" - so check those out too!!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    how much have you got left to lose? is it possible for you to open your diary so we can see if anything is sneaking in? also exercise wise- are you eating back your calories?
  • rockinsue285
    rockinsue285 Posts: 180
    Options
    hi ker, I weigh on a friday after doing a weeks shred I actually put on 4 ounces, was told that I needed to rest without doing exercise for a day or 2 as when muscle builds up the vacum becomes full of water, hence my weight gain, the weekend I did zero exercise and ate almost all my cals, weighed monday and lost 2.2 lb, dont know if this was just coincidence but may be worth having 2 days without exercise and see again also eat at least your goal cals for those 2 days.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, may be I could help ( not sure ).
    and bu the way that happened one time for me, and it just finish it self, I don't know why.......