Frustration......is this normal?????

Options
Am getting frustrated.....Why am I just losing a half pound each week when I am paying very close attention to my calories, I am walking 10+ miles per week and THAT is all I am losing????? It's gonna take me forever.......is this normal???? Or what am I doing wrong and what can I do differently?????

Replies

• Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hard to offer any suggestions,without being able to see your diary.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    how close are you to goal weight? as previous post said, hard to say without seeing your diary. are you eating exercise cals back?
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    As already posted it is difficult to see when your diary is locked, other than that though at the rate you are going you will reach your goal in 34 weeks. It took me 15 months to lose circa 45 pounds and IMO that is the best way as its more likely to stay off.

Keep up the good work.

A :)
  • djlen
    djlen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Frustrated would be a good term for me as well. I'm losing weight but very very slowly. 2.6 lbs. in almost 2 weeks
    of hard work. Hope it starts to come off faster over time.

Regards,
    Len
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, i've got about 9 to go now. Hang in there :)
  • Kimberlybett
    Options
    Whoops......just fixed that diary thing......am very confused as to should I eat my exercise calories back or not.....have read and read as to some do and some don't eat those exercise calories back......
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated reading about people who are not happy with ONLY losing half a pound a week.

You ARE still losing weight and if you make it a gradual loss, you have more chance of it staying off.
    It is all too easy to see 'Oh no, its only half a pound', instead of seeing 'yes, i've lost half a pound'.

Take it easy and don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose more, it will happen.....
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat your exercise calories back.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    <moderator edited>

Cutting your calories to 300 is not healthy!, bad advice! That is basically starving yourself. I have reported this post.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    <moderator edited>

Cutting your calories to 300 is not healthy!, bad advice! That is basically starving yourself. I have reported this post.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

I just checked your diary and it looks like you barely get any protein at breakfast. I would try to get at least 15-20 grams in there, right now you are only eating 4-5 grams. It will help keep you feeling full and give you more energy.

Also, the rate that you are losing at is still a healthy rate. If you are still losing then you're doing fine.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    <moderator edited>

NO,NO,NO!!!!! A female needs to take in a minimum of 1200 cals!!!! You should be eating your BMR,at the very least.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    having a quick nosey at your diary. would you mind telling us what weight you are roughly? increase your protein levels- mfp sets them very low. keep an eye on your carbs as well. some days you seem to go quite high on them. otherwise seems ok, and as others have said you are still losing, which is always a positive. this- tumblr_lonz0q2NuI1qiop1z.bmp is one pound of fat.. you are losing half that a week. still pretty impressive i would say!
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    having a quick nosey at your diary. would you mind telling us what weight you are roughly? increase your protein levels- mfp sets them very low. keep an eye on your carbs as well. some days you seem to go quite high on them. otherwise seems ok, and as others have said you are still losing, which is always a positive. this- tumblr_lonz0q2NuI1qiop1z.bmp is one pound of fat.. you are losing half that a week. still pretty impressive i would say!

Completely agree - I would be happy with half a pound a week gradual than the fluctuating 3lb off/1lb on that I get.

Be proud of yourself the making changes and getting a loss.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Losing 1/2 a pound a week is normal. Don't sweat it. You are still losing weight.
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It takes a years of putting weight on, and you expect to lose it in 6 weeks... no such thing as a crash diet... just a crash...

take your time, and learn about how to eat properly, eventually your weight will equalise out if you cant diet then get active...

You need to make some life changes,... and not a crash diet, expecting massive loss...

I started by losing 5lb a week, now its more like 2lb at the most, which is fine... its LOSS, its the right direction!

what % of your body weight is 1/2 a lb for someone only 5ft tall its quite a lot.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: I have a target of 1 kg a month ...and seem to be sailing along nicely ...maybe stay off the scales... and only weigh monthly as i do ...and you might be surprized ....works for me ,
  • Kimberlybett
    Options
    To answer some questions......I am 187.5 lbs.... 5'9..... And I see where sometimes in the a.m. I do have too many carbs and also by 9 a.m. I am hungry.....what are some good protein foods for breakfast that will make me fill full.??? And yes I agree, I am expecting "big" changes fast and shouldn't. I didn't put this weight on overnight and if losing slower will help me to keep it off, then that is okay. It is a life change and that is what I am trying to do.....already notice I make different choices in my food selections.....Thanks for all your encouragement. Helps tremendously to quit beating myself up!