Think Big, dream big!

Options
4theking
4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
I started my journey on January 1st 2009. I was sick and tired of being fat and felt it was time to do something about it. I started out somewhere around 255lbs.

startobfsept302010018.jpg

Working hard in the gym and watching calories I started seeing changes. This picture was taken in 2010.

cancun2010jason.jpg

2010 to present I have read everything I can get my hands on the topics of nutrition, exercise, and health and put this knowledge to use. Current pics.....

Untitled.jpg

april22progress.jpg
I post this not as a shout out to me, but to give hope to others. Yesterday, after years of having symptoms, I discovered my testosterone levels were less than that of an average 90 year old man, or around 200ng/dl. My point is, if you want something bad enough, if you work hard enough and work smart enough, you can overcome large obstacles. Never think about how bad you have it, how hard it is for you. Focus on the dream, visualize yourself reaching your goal and be relentless in your pursuit of it. The one thing I have learned in my journey, your greatest obstacle is yourself. Never underestimate the power of a positive mind. For if you think it and dream it, your body will have no choice but to follow.

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, you look amazing!!! Huge massive mega difference. Well done!
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    great job! you look fantastic. gotta say tho... loving that picture with the popcorn machine in the background! lol. i got one for my mom for xmas. those are ADDICTING! =] but again great job! :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    you da man! Great transformation mate.
  • J3rk
    J3rk Posts: 8
    Options
    now thats inspiration at its finest. well done mate
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    that's my coach for ya. freakin legend! forever thankful for this dude! much respect!

:heart: -katy
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nice transformation! I'm trying to get there myself, can you recommend some literature/exercises/foods for a guy who is currently about at your half way point? I'm 5"11 and 201 lbs. I look ok with my shirt on but am seeing only minimal progress with my abs and mid-section in general
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great.
  • 4theking
    Options
    Nice transformation! I'm trying to get there myself, can you recommend some literature/exercises/foods for a guy who is currently about at your half way point? I'm 5"11 and 201 lbs. I look ok with my shirt on but am seeing only minimal progress with my abs and mid-section in general

Thanks Scott! Think long term. The mid section will come in time as fat is lost. The biggest thing to remember is its not a race but a life change. You can find some links and info on my profile that should help you out.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Thanks Scott! Think long term. The mid section will come in time as fat is lost. The biggest thing to remember is its not a race but a life change. You can find some links and info on my profile that should help you out.

Well done mate. You've done really well. I'm getting there myself. Scott your like exactly the same height and weight as me at the moment. I'm seeing changes however these are small and take their sweet time huh haha.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are awesome man! Great outlook and attitude! Definitely inspiring!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I admire your commitment. Keep it up!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My first friend on MFP was the KING! I hope he is my last.
    The pictures don't compare to the all around being/person that you are!

Thanks BROTHER
    I look up to you.

Marty
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this 4TK, You're a great coach and guide for many of us.

I think many of us forget that we didn't get fat or overweight over night, so why do we believe we can reverse the process over night too? This post gives me the chance to settle back into running a marathon at a marathon pace rather then trying to sprint the whole dang thing.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well done, amazing transformation, and beautiful message about believing and achieving!

:happy:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Good job dude.
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    wow, well done you must be soooo proud of yourself!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Incredible!!! Congrats. Good luck for:smile your future healthy life. :smile:
  • 4theking
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome! way to go!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You continue to amaze me Jason. Thanks for posting some of your story and pictures so inspire others. I know you inspire me daily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!