What am I doing wrong?

Options
I am eating right. I eat within my calorie goals and I eat food (for the most part) that are healthy choices. I am exercising. I do cardio and strength training at least 4 days a week. I feel like I am making good choices. I have tried to have rest days. I have uped my water. I have pretty much stopped drinking alcohol (except an occasional drink). YET, I am not moving the damn scale AT ALL! I am so frustrated. I don't understand why I am not losing weight. It is driving me crazy. I lost almost 70 pounds pretty quick and now I can't get the last 30 pounds to budge. HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Diary isn't public so I'm not sure how much you're eating. It's geherally recommended that you take a diet break every 3-4 months and eat at maintenance. Have you been dieting nonstop since you began??
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's that wall people talk about. I'd say just keep it up, and seen you'll punch through it. Those first pounds fall off, it's that last bit that's the b!tch. Also, maybe you're cutting down on fat and building up muscle which is why the scale's not moving. Are you losing inches tho?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I am eating right. I eat within my calorie goals and I eat food (for the most part) that are healthy choices. I am exercising. I do cardio and strength training at least 4 days a week. I feel like I am making good choices. I have tried to have rest days. I have uped my water. I have pretty much stopped drinking alcohol (except an occasional drink). YET, I am not moving the damn scale AT ALL! I am so frustrated. I don't understand why I am not losing weight. It is driving me crazy. I lost almost 70 pounds pretty quick and now I can't get the last 30 pounds to budge. HELP!!!!!!!

First of all... you didn't come to Cleveland to get some real "exercise". :wink:

So you've lost 70lbs, have you recalculated your calorie intake yet? You may want to try that if you haven't. How's your body composition coming along? You may not be losing weight but you are likely seeing improvements in less body fat and possibly muscle tone.

What's your exercise look like?

Edit: I looked at your diary. Once you figure out if your calorie goal is correct, take that same calorie goal and do a manual adjustment to your macro nutrients. Try dropping your carbs to 40%, protein to 35% - 40%, and fat to 25% - 20%. The MFP settings for macros are wack.

Mich Ultra Pomegranate, seriously...? :tongue: :laugh:
  • JennieDNP
    JennieDNP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check your workouts. Instead of doing 30 minutes on the treadmill at an even pace, mix up the intensity by changing the incline and speed. Same with strength training... trying doing ladders or pyramids. Start at a high weight and do two more sets at lower weights. Or just switch it up totally and do something different like a body pump class, zumba, aerobics, water aerobics, pilates, etc etc etc
  • Changing__Christina
    Options

First of all... you didn't come to Cleveland to get some real "exercise". :wink:

So you've lost 70lbs, have you recalculated your calorie intake yet? You may want to try that if you haven't. How's your body composition coming along? You may not be losing weight but you are likely seeing improvements in less body fat and possibly muscle tone.

What's your exercise look like?

Edit: I looked at your diary. Once you figure out if your calorie goal is correct, take that same calorie goal and do a manual adjustment to your macro nutrients. Try dropping your carbs to 40%, protein to 35% - 40%, and fat to 25% - 20%. The MFP settings for macros are wack.

Mich Ultra Pomegranate, seriously...? :tongue: :laugh:

LOL! I guess Cleveland really woulda been a good idea!

YES! Mich Ultra Pomegranate! It was almost 90 here and my air wasn't turned on! I needed a cold drink! :)

I have NO idea about Macros and all that jazz. I just try to eat somewhat decent and not go overboard. I do eat out, but almost always make decent choices.

I guess I have some work to do!!
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Sounds like it's that wall people talk about. I'd say just keep it up, and seen you'll punch through it. Those first pounds fall off, it's that last bit that's the b!tch. Also, maybe you're cutting down on fat and building up muscle which is why the scale's not moving. Are you losing inches tho?

I hope thats what it is, but I doubt it!
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Diary isn't public so I'm not sure how much you're eating. It's geherally recommended that you take a diet break every 3-4 months and eat at maintenance. Have you been dieting nonstop since you began??

I am not really "dieting" I just changed how I eat. I eat healthy choices and try not to overeat. I don't eat tons of dairy, but I do eat a yogurt almost everyday. :/