Eri in Italy(military wife :P)

Options
:happy: Hey all!!!
My name is Erilim and Im currently living in Italy where my husb is stationed until summer next year :) I JUST started my diet back up and would LOVE new friends to help me stay motivated :) Living in Italy has been a great experience but horrible for my weight, so I have quite a bit to lose :) would love to make new friends!!! Feel free to add me!!!

Replies

• nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i know exaclty what u mean i lived in italy for 3 years and gained nearly 90 pounds!!!!!! the food is amazingggg!! stay away from the mozzarellas and the pizza!!!!!!!!
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    The pizzas are EVERYWHERE!!! lol I am trying to only have it once every 2 weeks lol
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    lucky, we are currently in Germany and cant say the food is a weak point but i know if i was in italy i would go crazy!!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You think living in Italy is bad.....just try being Italian (hahaha)!! I can safely say that 90% of the women in my family have weight issues and it is a no brainer why. I have such great memories of our family's traditional Sunday get togethers. Every Sunday the family would gather at my grandparents (my grandfather was born in Italy) and have this huge, amazing italian meal. There would be an average of 35-40 family members there and it was loud, busy and wonderful. I could go home with rosy cheeks from all the cheek pinching and kissing that was also traditional. I wonder sometimes if my own battle with weight is my association with "fat and happy" aunts!! My grandfather passed away about 10 years ago but made sure to hand down the secret family spagetti sauce recipe and when I cook it my neighbors know it because the amazing aroma spreads to nearby homes!!! It is about a 10 hour process so I always make a triple batch and share!

I always wanted to go to Italy and last year my husband surprised me by taking me and my parents to Italy. He told me 2 months in advance so I could determine where exactly we wanted to go and to be able to plan out a good itinery. We ended up starting in Florence and then traveled to Rome, Piza and several surrounding towns and villages. What we found though, is that certain parts of Italy are known for certain things and food was not on the list for the areas that we visited. All of us ended up losing an average of 8 pounds during our 2 week visit but I gladly passed on the food for the beautiful archetecture and gardens that we saw.

What part of Italy are you living in?
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    Im in Aviano, close to Venice :)
    I love it here, its beautiful and so much to see!!! But the food is my weak point lol I have gained around 50-60lbs since moving here last January lol
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    oh and i have a really good friend who is pcsing to italy, not sure which base
  • ideo
    ideo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just moved to the Aviano area about a month ago and are stuck in TLF until the our move-in date (which is thankfully soon). I've been super on-and-off about logging calories for months now, but after gaining weight after only a month of being here with the DELICIOUS food, I see the need to start again. Salami paisano will be the death of me.

I think it will be entirely too diffucult to lose weight in Italy through dieting alone - because otherwise, one couldn't possibly experience the country's amazing food.
  • footychick907
    footychick907 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I've never been to itly but have italian relatives who all love their food.. I love italian food