How to store chicken for salads?

Options
Mommy_Time
Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
I got some good items for salads and want to grill a big batch of chicken breast and wonder how anyone here stores them. In the fridge or freezer and do you heat up the chicken or leave it cold for your salads?

Replies

• qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I grill up 2 or 3 breasts on a Sunday or Monday and use them all weel. I eat them cold and usually just keep them in a ziplock back in the fridge. I try not to eat cooked meat that is over a week old.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I grill up 2 or 3 breasts on a Sunday or Monday and use them all weel. I eat them cold and usually just keep them in a ziplock back in the fridge. I try not to eat cooked meat that is over a week old.

Same here! You can also season the chicken in different ways to help add variety to your salads (herbed, southwest, asian...)
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cook it then put it in the fridge for no more than a week (I personally won't eat it after 5 days). If you want some to keep longer than that, put it into the freezer.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options

This is what I do. I just shove them in a tupperware and make sure I finish it by the end of the week.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    thank you all!! that is what i will do as well :)
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I cook them, dice them, and store in those tiny Glad containers in individuali sized portions. The portions that I plan to eat within 2-3 days stay in the refrigerator. The others go in the freezer. They usually thaw by lunch time or sometimes, I knock the chill off in the microwave.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I grill them slightly undercooked, then slice into pieces and store in the freezer. Then I can microwave when needed, and they end up fully cooked but not too dry.