P90x!

Options

Replies

• TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started the lean program April 21st, (12th day). Feel free to add me. I need motivation. I want to see results...like yesterday.... :/ friend me if you want anyone. :)
  • 2fabfromfat
    2fabfromfat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90X since April 8 - it's my FAVE program!!! Good luck!!
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in week 2 of our P90X/Insanity hybrid - it's been great.

My only complaint is the length of the P90X sessions... I guess that's the price you pay. ;)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    im going to start Power 90 on saturday, thought id ease myself into the P90X lol!
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last spring. Loved it when I started and did get good results as far as building muscle. My brother is very committed to it and on his 3rd time through with great results, but I have had a hard time going through it again. Tony isn't that funny after 3 months of listening to the same jokes! After a while, I turned it to "no music and cues" and put some great music on in the background. It helped. My only real complaint about the program is that the workouts are long and I would have loved to have more cardio. I am taking boot camp classes now and find them to be much more well rounded for me.

Yep thats my problem with the program too. his fawning on and on gets old..They didnt record the program like you would be doing it over and over...it does get annoying.
  • KatieConery
    KatieConery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If any of you are looking to join a P90X challenge group send me a message and I will get you the details. It will be starting on May 10th.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. So today I did day 3. The ab ripper is killer but I can see how it works. Feel free to add me. I am loving it so far. I find I cant really do some of the moves cause I dont have the strength yet but i'll get there! Just enjoy it and do the best you can each day. Good luck and feel free to add me. i always want someone to push me a bit too.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90x tomorrow morning, so about 9 hours time, any feel free to add me!
  • nickmast78
    nickmast78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I started doing P90x along with following the nutrition guide and made it about a week and a half before I gave it up. Not because it was too hard but because the workouts were way too long and I was doing them at night because of time constraints (kids). It would put me to bed around 1:30-2am and having to be up at 7:30am. It wasn't allowing me enough rest.

I kept the nutrition part going and joined a gym. Now I can go to the gym whenever I want (they have childcare) and my eating has never been better!

Do whatever works for YOU. Eating properly changes everything!
  • pinkbubbles1382
    pinkbubbles1382 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just responded to the other P90X post, but I'm planning to start soon! I'd love to join a group/chat about this or hear other's experiences.
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    me too! did the intro today & diving in tomorrow. anyone else starting this up, feel free to add me. (-:
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 10 tonight
  • pbedison
    pbedison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started today!!

For those who have been doing it a while, how do you add it to the exercise tracker on here?
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Plyometrics. HERE WE GO!
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    In the middle of week 2! Love it so far, can't wait to be able to move up in weights/reps/actually keep up!! I hate Plyo but love the ab ripper!!
  • kbtooke
    kbtooke Posts: 21
    Options
    I find this helpful
    http://p90xcalories.com/
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Since everyone is different, the best way to track calories burned is to use a Heart Rate Monitor. Then you can just create your exercises in your diary. I think whatever you find in the database might be overstimated.
  • mcjnkrmac
    mcjnkrmac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The average workout is only an hour!!! That's not too long. I'll admit I don't do the yoga x because it is rather long.....
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find this helpful
    http://p90xcalories.com/
    Since everyone is different, the best way to track calories burned is to use a Heart Rate Monitor. Then you can just create your exercises in your diary. I think whatever you find in the database might be overstimated.

THANKS!

Just did day 2. legs are on fire!
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started on tuesday. Day 3 here I come!! Feel free to add me if anyone wants a p90x buddy!!